Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does any one have a write up on how to install the flasher module you need when u install switchback LED turn signals? I am getting them for xmas and i no ill wanna run out and install them.... so id rather ask now than later....

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
Search for it..someone has a video of it being installed

·
Registered
519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i see from the video how to install it but i cant seem to get the damn stock one to budge.... ne ideas.... i no it has the "prongs" on the side but i cant get it to come off

·
Registered
519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
bump!

·
Registered
228 Posts
I won't be doing this until I secure another set of HL's I will be using the 4-door Headlights as my testbed--I like the Black look.

Post pics and maybe we can see how to help!

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
That thing was so annoying to get out for me too...it took me a while and a lot of frustration to finally get it...just hold down the prongs on the sides and wiggle it upwards the best u can...take a break if u can't get it and when u regain the energy try rllllyy hard with strength to pop it out.

·
Registered
519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
PHEWWWWW!!!! i got it!!! but now i cant get the other one is as hard as i try.... damn i can bench 275 but i can get this stupid flasher module in.... is it ok to leave the stock one is or will the "hyper flash" burn out my other bulbs?

·
Registered
123 Posts
If you bought the switchbacks from DiodeDynamics (along with their flasher module) then you'll have to buy a different module, as they send out the wrong size for our car. I'm not sure of what module you'll have to buy but I'm sure a quick search will turn up exactly what you need.

·
Registered
519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
i did a search when i ordered it but DDM said that they are sending out the correct ones now... does autozone or someone sell the right one?

·
Registered
123 Posts
http://www.forteforums.com/forums/k...signal-bulbs-video-demo-sale-4.html#post45176

That post (49) says the model flasher that you need, Tridon EP34, autozone should carry it.

My post (55) asks the company on December 1st if they had the proper module, and they responded (57) on the 2nd saying they don't have it, even though they said that they were getting it in back in October.

Either you can get some resistors (splice them into your rear turn signals is easiest), or drop by autozone and get the Tridon.

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
Yea u have to get the EP34 one. I got mine from autozone and it fit in seconds. I took maybe 2 hours trying to get the one from DD in and obv it didn't go in cuz it didn't fit...found out the hard way. It's in now tho and i love the switchbacks. I wouldn't think the "hyperflashing" would do anything to the bulbs

·
Registered
519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
picked up the tridon fit perfect thanks for all the help... also got my hids installed yesturday.... love it! ill post some pics soon

·
Registered
519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
I swear the mods need to sticky the information that I have provided about the flasher modules....LOL....

·
Premium Member
112 Posts
Is there anyway someone cal take a picture or something of where the flasher module is? I tried to look at FeartheFox's video but it wont work. I have everything installed but i can't find where the flasher mod goes.

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
I just tested the video and it still works for me....but it is located on on the driver side of the car, under the dashboard...above the peddles, you have to lay on your back with your head right near the peddles to see it.

·
Premium Member
112 Posts
Nvm i figured it all out. Diodedynamics sent me the wrong flasher module. Quick run to crappy tire and its fixed.:)

1 - 20 of 22 Posts