Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ordered the flip key from the dsp.store that everyone has been talking about on the sedan forums. They have now sent me 2 wrong blanks and I've almost had it with them. Does anyone know of a reputable website where I can get a flip key that will actually work?

I sent them another email telling them to send me the god damn right blank this time around or else I want my money back...as I was told the key would work with my car.

Arrgggg.

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
^^^if you cut open one of your original keys and take the chip out to put in the flip key it will work. From what I have been told. Another Canadian (Tebore) has done it already.

·
Premium Member
704 Posts
^^^if you cut open one of your original keys and take the chip out to put in the flip key it will work. From what I have been told. Another Canadian (Tebore) has done it already.
Yes, I have the flip key with my sedan. And yes, I cut it open to remove the chip and installed it in the flip key. I also had a problem with my first blank as it was for older KIAs and had the longer shoulders that would need to be trimmed down as well. The seller told me that other owners overseas had successfully had them cut down by good locksmiths.

He did eventually send me the correct blank but I never ended up using it. Instead of waiting, since I had already cut open one of my keys to remove the chip, I used a dremel tool and the blank as a template, I cut my old key to fit the folding key assembly and it's been working ever since.

You might want to look into this option.

Cheers!

·
Registered
589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yes, I have the flip key with my sedan. And yes, I cut it open to remove the chip and installed it in the flip key. I also had a problem with my first blank as it was for older KIAs and had the longer shoulders that would need to be trimmed down as well. The seller told me that other owners overseas had successfully had them cut down by good locksmiths.

He did eventually send me the correct blank but I never ended up using it. Instead of waiting, since I had already cut open one of my keys to remove the chip, I used a dremel tool and the blank as a template, I cut my old key to fit the folding key assembly and it's been working ever since.

You might want to look into this option.

Cheers!
This is a great option, never thought of that. I do have a dremel so maybe I'll look in to this...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts