Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I like others picked up the dsp.store flip key from ebay.. heres some shredding..

I was standing in line at canadian tire the night i got the key and some guy in front of me was fightin with the counter staff so I just got irritated and left, and when reading the forums I found that Tebore on here had 6 failed cuts and only found one guy who cut the key right .. it was a 30 min drive for me but I figured it was worth it considering I waited like 3 weeks for it to ship.. the guy was a pro using a digital caliper to read every notch.. key ended up working out so I jsut got home and shred one of the keys to pull the immobilizer chip.. so here are some pics..

I figured I would cut it in a way that I could re-glue it -- if wanted.. (yes I am clean with a knife..;))

The insides and the way the chip was held it was interesting but it had to be ripped to get the chip out. I ripped the bottom off so i could still put the chip in the slot and glue the key back if ever wanted..

So when comparing the size to the side of the flip key its like this.. (my original plan was to stick it inside like that)

After opening it I found this little slot and sure as hell with some pushing it fit

So this is what it looks like after installing the the chip

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yeah (K)illed (I)n (A)ction it is a canada thing.. believe you guys got the alarms and we got the immobilizers.. you also got TPMS which we didnt..

·
Registered
444 Posts
I mus. Have gotten a converted one cause I got the immobilized but no alarm and no TPMS. Dang it!

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Deuce.. canada didnt get the alarm nor the TPMS... all we got was an immobilizer and leather seats as standard..

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
well not for me since I went to the guy who cut Tebores. but Tebore went through 6 blanks I believe before getting it cut right.. so yeah.. a real key cutter.. not lowes/depot/canadiantire/keyman engravables.. etc... a guy with a magnifying eyepiece and a digital caliper.. ;)

·
Registered
269 Posts
do you still need the old unlock/lock/open trunk control or the new key will do the work?
I don't see any eletronics in the folding key..

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
Your supposed to take the guts out of the factory fob and put them into the folding key housing. The buttons line up the same as the factory fob does, so straight switch over. I ordered mine a couple of weeks ago and still waiting...

·
Premium Member
1,020 Posts
I'm glad I was able to save you sometime and some blanks with the key cutter recommendation.

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
Just noticed that they sent me the wrong blank. And it only took 3.5 weeks to get here...

·
Registered
11 Posts
Extract the chip + Test on car

I'll post something tonight when I'm back from my job. I shooted some video and took some pictures on the how to remove it properly. I ordered my flip key yesterday. Hope I'll get the good blank blade.:) I know it'll take 3 weeks to get here though.

'Later guys !

·
Registered
11 Posts
Extract the chip

I'm sorry I wasn't able to make the video with Windows Movie Maker. But I have some picture (It's the same as SxKoup did.. Just to show you that it works :p)

Knife Blade Cold weapon Tool Melee weapon

Key Tool

Key

Here it is.. Hope it'll help you guys even if you already had an example !

·
Registered
139 Posts
Hey sxkoup would you mind sharing the address of the micrometer guy you used? thanks and nice work

1 - 20 of 51 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.