Kia Forte Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, what did you all do for floor mats in your Fort GT?

KIA/OEM Carpeted or All-Weather?
WeatherTech?
Some else of Amazon or eBay?

Let use know what you have. And if you like them or would not recommend them?

Thanks!

·
Registered
2021 Forte GT w/ GT2 Package
11 Posts
I splurged for WeatherTech and it is well worth it. I had an ice chest in the front passenger side, it leaked, but the WeatherTech mat contained the leak and prevent the water from sipping through to the carpet. Yes it is a bit plasticy but the benefit out weight that. IMHO.

·
Registered
11 Posts

·
Registered
208 Posts
I like this, I had WeatherTech in my previous car and they were hard and seemed more plastic than rubber, and also discolored rather quickly and was never able to get them back to looking new
Weather Tech has a cleaning kit for the mats, although it’s pricey at $40.00 Canadian loonies! Purchased my floor mats from Kia....there exactly like the Weather Tech mats! Price was a lot cheaper than buying from Weather Tech, only difference is it says Kia instead of Weather Tech on the little fluke jack badging. Definitely helps in the winter months. 🥶

·
Registered
468 Posts
I bought 3D Maxpider for Winter. They look nice. I will swap them out for the carpet mats next week and keep carpets through October.

Reactions: BlueStang

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks for all the input!

I ended up going with the 3D MAXpider KAGU All-Weather mats. If they seem to much for summer use, then I'll get the carpet ones direct from KIA for summer and swap out as needed.

·
Registered
2021 Forte GT Manual
20 Posts
I've got the WeatherTech mats, front and rear, in mine. I'm a fan, for sure. I don't really like how they fit around the dead pedal, but I can't feel any weirdness.

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
Not for a 3rd Gen but in my 2011 hatchback I have OEM carpet mats for the summer and OEM rubber mats for the winter. In my 2013 Koup I purchased a set of Weathertech for year round. I have OEM carpet mats but my daughter liked the Weathertech all the time. And in my wifes 2011 Tucson I have OEM carpets for the summer and an set of MaxLiner winter mats for the winter. The MaxLiners are Weathertech knockoffs but are just as good and much cheaper. I got them on Amazon.

·
Registered
2020 KIA Forte GT Manual
218 Posts
I bought OEM carpet and it's already showing signs of wear, got them late Feb.
Wow! That sucks. I installed a heel plate for that reason.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
208 Posts
This is what i installed.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Hey thanks for the link Hamster-GT! Block Satin petals are definitely a bitch’n upgrade as well! This is why I joined this forum..to get advice from informative enthusiasts of the import market! Right on dude!

·
Registered
2010 Kia Forte Koup SX 2.4L 6MT Theta 2, Titanium silver metallic.
749 Posts
Those heel guards look great. I have 2 old stainless steel washer drums in storage. Might make me a pair of heel guards.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts