Kia Forte Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I keep forgeting to post this. It has happend about 3 times to me...

During this cold weather period if I let the car sit for a couple days I notice a ... hmm how do i say this... almost like the tires get a flat spot on them. I thought the nitrogen filled tires were to fix/avoid this issue. Anyone else notice this. After about a mile or so they warm up and it goes away. The TPM isnt going off but this seems odd to me.

·
Registered
533 Posts
It's just the cold weather... As far as I know the nitrogen is supposed to cure this but I believe it needs the heat to act properly... That's why they mostly use the nitrogen fill in the southern states where it holds good temp through the year... Around here we still to good ole air...

·
Registered
178 Posts
YA i have the same thing. My car feels like that also..It thumps and rattles the car like crazy for like the first 10 mins of driving. Than it goes away...But the shaking was in the steering wheel, my radar detector was shaking and my seat...so it was wierd but it happens to me every day....even when its warm out..not sure what it is.

·
Registered
243 Posts
I keep forgeting to post this. It has happend about 3 times to me...

During this cold weather period if I let the car sit for a couple days I notice a ... hmm how do i say this... almost like the tires get a flat spot on them. I thought the nitrogen filled tires were to fix/avoid this issue. Anyone else notice this. After about a mile or so they warm up and it goes away. The TPM isnt going off but this seems odd to me.
All tires have either nylon tread caps, or polyester, or both. The nylon/polyester stiffens when cold and sitting. The section on the ground is flat of course. So when you first start out you will feel a flat spot until the tires warm up sufficiently...usually within about 2 blocks.

·
Registered
243 Posts
YA i have the same thing. My car feels like that also..It thumps and rattles the car like crazy for like the first 10 mins of driving. Than it goes away...But the shaking was in the steering wheel, my radar detector was shaking and my seat...so it was wierd but it happens to me every day....even when its warm out..not sure what it is.
Steering wheel vibration means you either have one or both front wheels out of balance or an alignment problem. Get it fixed quick before the tire tread has been allowed to "cup", or it will be permanent...until you replace the tires.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Steering wheel vibration means you either have one or both front wheels out of balance or an alignment problem. Get it fixed quick before the tire tread has been allowed to "cup", or it will be permanent...until you replace the tires.
i got them balanced because the dealership said they were all out of balanced and were are over inflated...i was like oh well thats great (i havent touched the air pressure).. but that is what i was thinking also it was the alignment..it was driving good for about a week after balance but it is doing the same thing now:mad:...ill have to get them to check it out...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts