Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
526 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Just installed my fog HIDs today. I went with the same color as the headlights-10000K. They really don't have as much of the blue color to them though. I wonder if they may have sent me the wrong kit...it says 10000K on the box and the plastic covers that were on the bulbs. Maybe it's because of the different bulb type: H11s and 881s??? I don't know.

I'm gonna call this week and ask them. If they say that's what they're suppose to look like then I'll just keep them anyway...I like the way they look, I just wanted to match the blue headlights. Has anyone else gone with the 10000K kits for headlights and fogs? View attachment 2437 View attachment 2438 View attachment 2439

·
Premium Member
2,249 Posts
did you get it from the same company? companies have their own idea of what 6000k 8000k 10000K and up looks like as far as color. place i bought my kit from sent me 8000K kit and ive seen charts of 8000K and the color it puts out and its different from what my original store claimed.

·
Registered
526 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
No I didn't use the harness for either kit. The ballast I just mounted to the inside bottom of the bumper next to where the access panel screws in. It was very simple to install, just removed the old bulbs and put the new ones in, then connected all the wires and zip tied the excess wires together to make it neat.

·
Registered
526 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
did you get it from the same company? companies have their own idea of what 6000k 8000k 10000K and up looks like as far as color. place i bought my kit from sent me 8000K kit and ive seen charts of 8000K and the color it puts out and its different from what my original store claimed.
Yes, it was the same company. Truss Automotive Accessories. They are in Texas and sell on Ebay. Great to deal with! I've contacted them after my first purchase to find out more about the Lifetime Warranty for the bulbs and the ballast. They said just call them and they will send a complete replacement kit without having to send anything back! My contact info is on file with their company and all I need to do is tell them my phone number. Can't go wrong with service like that!!!:D

·
Registered
526 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Cool.. I just heard it's a bitch to access the lights
No, really it wasn't that bad. Just put your car up on ramps so you can get up in there better. It wasn't even very hard to do the drivers side with the CAI filter there either. Piece of cake!;)

·
Registered
1,745 Posts
Jeffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff, it looks SO AWESOMEEEE! The look of your HIDs through the tint is still second to none!! :D Might have to steal tht idea! And from texas you say?! I might have to go that direction!!!

·
Registered
526 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Jeffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff, it looks SO AWESOMEEEE! The look of your HIDs through the tint is still second to none!! :D Might have to steal tht idea! And from texas you say?! I might have to go that direction!!!
Thanks, you're to kind;)! Go ahead and get you some! It's not stealin':cool:

·
Registered
377 Posts
Wow lookin real good still man. But I agree with the idea to match the fogs with your HID lows.

·
Registered
1,745 Posts
^^ I hope you get it resolved jefff!!!! If not I'll go over there (since they are in texas) and give them a piece of my mind! Lmfao

·
Registered
526 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
^^ I hope you get it resolved jefff!!!! If not I'll go over there (since they are in texas) and give them a piece of my mind! Lmfao
Calm down!!! No need to go ruff anyone up yet!LOL I'll let you know if you gotta get them! Thanks for havin' my back;)!

·
Premium Member
1,533 Posts
Ok well... Lessons learned today.... A 1.3" drop on my car is too much for my 2 ton floor jack and is now useless. Also my CAI filter is directly blocking access to my fog lamp access on the driver side.

Jeff.... You had no issues with the filter?

Looks like I'm gonna have to take my filter off to access them.

·
Registered
526 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Ok well... Lessons learned today.... A 1.3" drop on my car is too much for my 2 ton floor jack and is now useless. Also my CAI filter is directly blocking access to my fog lamp access on the driver side.

Jeff.... You had no issues with the filter?

Looks like I'm gonna have to take my filter off to access them.
The filter was no problem at all- had plenty of room to access the bulb. Maybe the Koup fogs are set up different than the sedan.

·
Premium Member
1,533 Posts
The filter was no problem at all- had plenty of room to access the bulb. Maybe the Koup fogs are set up different than the sedan.
That's what I'm thinking. Maybe the set up is a tad different as mine completely blocks it.

Oh well ... Just have to put it off for a few days till I have some more free time.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts