Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey everyone well today i got into actually swapping my headlights ... both the hi and low beams were a breeze, but now i got stuck on figuring out a simple way to swap the fog lights so i could put a yellow hid on to it , anyways i was wondering if anyone has a video, picture guide or a simple explanation on how it was done so i don't go and damage the paint or anything around that area :D!!!! any help would be very appreciated

·
Registered
644 Posts
hey everyone well today i got into actually swapping my headlights ... both the hi and low beams were a breeze, but now i got stuck on figuring out a simple way to swap the fog lights so i could put a yellow hid on to it , anyways i was wondering if anyone has a video, picture guide or a simple explanation on how it was done so i don't go and damage the paint or anything around that area :D!!!! any help would be very appreciated
I haven't done it myself, but from what i've heard, it's easiest to go from under the car to do the fogs. Put your front wheels on jacks or w/e you want and go under and replace them that way. Maybe one of the guys at the meet on thursday in farmingdale could help you?

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I haven't done it myself, but from what i've heard, it's easiest to go from under the car to do the fogs. Put your front wheels on jacks or w/e you want and go under and replace them that way. Maybe one of the guys at the meet on thursday in farmingdale could help you?
if it no one posts anything until then i guess its the best option lol

·
Registered
526 Posts
Maybe this will help. Put the front of your car up on ramps or jack stands. un-screw the two plastic screw clips under the bumper on each side just under the fogs. Pull that plastic cover away enough to access the fog light bulbs. Remove the stock bulbs and install the new ones. If you are going to install HIDs then just mount the ballast on the inside bottom of the bumper (where it is flat). Hope this helps you. This is how I did it for my Koup, not sure if the sedan would be much different.

·
Registered
696 Posts
Side question, not trying to hijack the thread, but are you swapping out the stock bulbs with straight HID's? By straight, I mean the bulb is straight rather than the 90 degree curve the stock bulbs have. I've been trying to find out if those will still fit or not, haven't been able to find a definitive answer...

·
Registered
526 Posts
Side question, not trying to hijack the thread, but are you swapping out the stock bulbs with straight HID's? By straight, I mean the bulb is straight rather than the 90 degree curve the stock bulbs have. I've been trying to find out if those will still fit or not, haven't been able to find a definitive answer...
Yes-they will fit. Installed my 10000K kit with no issues.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts