Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anybody installed oem fogs into their ex? I just gotmy foglights and gloss covers in today and I'm just curious on how easy/hard the instillation was and if I should take it to a shop. Thanks for any help given

·
Registered
576 Posts
I did my EX Sedan not sure on your Koup, but it's pretty easy if fiddly to fit. You have to take off the plastic splash guards under the radiator and the 2 screws out of the inner mud guard, so to gain access. The hardest part is lying on your back and working upside down, would be easier with a hoist.

·
Registered
204 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
that is acutally the exact same thing i ordered. i got them in yesterday but im just not sure if i want to take my car somewhere to get it done or not... and i think you can paint it if you wanted to

·
Registered
204 Posts
that is acutally the exact same thing i ordered. i got them in yesterday but im just not sure if i want to take my car somewhere to get it done or not... and i think you can paint it if you wanted to
Painting is always an option and just one more thing for me to mess up. I think I'll wait and see if the flat covers come out. It would look kind of weird with just that little front bumper being flat and the rest glossy. Also, for me, I would have to have them installed. I don't know how to mess with electrical stuff.

·
Premium Member
2,249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
well i plan on just buying a new gloss sx front black piece. they have them on the web. i think theyre like 100 usd so its not bad. but i didnt want to cut into my flat black pieces

·
Registered
31 Posts
I did my EX Sedan not sure on your Koup, but it's pretty easy if fiddly to fit. You have to take off the plastic splash guards under the radiator and the 2 screws out of the inner mud guard, so to gain access. The hardest part is lying on your back and working upside down, would be easier with a hoist.
what did you use as a on/off switch?

is there a separate fog light switch on the dash, or is there a position on the light stalk?

·
Premium Member
2,601 Posts
Aidensgrand, can you post where you found the lower middle grill in gloss black for that price? This would probably be a lot easier than having to paint my current one and I won't have drill holes anymore from the license plate.

·
Registered
430 Posts
the sx fog lights wont work with the ex covers, already did this mod... the Ex covers dont have a place for the foglights to attach to. check my albums to see what im talking about. I bought the Sx covers, sanded and painted them flat to match with the rest of the front pieces. I havent hooked mine up yet, so its just for show. but I know The EX is missing a fuse under the hood where the foglight relay goes..

1 - 10 of 10 Posts