Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello To All,,,I am a new Owner of a 2010 Forte Koup EX,,,I would really like to install a kit of fog lights ,,,Can anybody tell me where i can find this if it is available somewhere ? Thanks a lot to all !!

·
Premium Member
2,249 Posts
you can get the the light and the gloss covers on ebay but as far as a wiring relay, there isnt one out yet. you'd have to make your own. i just have mine in for show. i have an ex as well. no wiring tho

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
Has anyone seen BLUE foglights? i think those would be cool? are those illegal tho?

·
Registered
57 Posts
Yeah those are illegal. Blue and Red on the front of a car are reserved for emergency vehicles like cops and such :) if you put a really blue film over the foglights i bet you could get away with it tho :)

·
Registered
519 Posts
why cant u just run a wire to the battery and have a toggle switch in the dash?

·
Registered
24 Posts
coudnt a dealership add and wire a set for you? anybody know?

·
Premium Member
2,249 Posts
idk about all dealers but mine said no that i would have to wait for a foglight kit to come out from kia. i suppose they dont want to make their own and would rather just use an oem one. down the road im gunna just get some aftermarket fogs

·
Registered
4 Posts
Speaking of foglights, has anyone changed them to HIDs and how easy is to get to them, would i have to remove the bumper or anything crazy like that?

·
Premium Member
704 Posts
Speaking of foglights, has anyone changed them to HIDs and how easy is to get to them, would i have to remove the bumper or anything crazy like that?
Removing the bumper is a lot easier than you think so don't discount that for any projects you may want to tackle.

Look at the following thread where I show how to remove the bumper on my sedan and don't worry, the koup is the same process.

Cheers!

http://www.forteforums.com/forums/body-kits-appearance/1883-bumper-removal-horn-replacement.html

·
Registered
24 Posts
idk about all dealers but mine said no that i would have to wait for a foglight kit to come out from kia. i suppose they dont want to make their own and would rather just use an oem one. down the road im gunna just get some aftermarket fogs
thanks. ill talk to mine, i got a connection up the food chain and see if their working on one.
and yea aftermarket fogs seems to be a better bet anyways.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Please help with my fog install.

I just pulled the bumper off my SX sedan. Im trying to add a DDM 6000k fog light set but the harness is different. I bought the same kit i used for my lows, with 880 bulbs or whatever instead. What do I do?

Did i miss the part where these said you need a different harness for these lights? Please help.

·
Registered
8 Posts
The way that I accessed my fogs is from the top for driver side and the bottom for passenger. On the passenger side just undo the front section of the inner fender wall.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts