Kia Forte Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Any ideas on hooking up foglights for an Koup EX? I know the foglight control on the SX is on the turn signal/headlight control so unless the wiring harness has a dummy wireset because they wanted to keep it standard for both, it will be next to impossible to do a factory match by just adding foglights and changing the control out.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Any ideas on hooking up foglights for an Koup EX? I know the foglight control on the SX is on the turn signal/headlight control so unless the wiring harness has a dummy wireset because they wanted to keep it standard for both, it will be next to impossible to do a factory match by just adding foglights and changing the control out.
There is a possibilty and a good probability that the wiring is there---but, if you have ever (or never) tried to get to a multifunction lever in modern autos---believe me, it ain't for the fainthearted. You'll have to take the steering column basically down to the shaft itself to get to it---unless KIA has a different design from most makers. This requires removal of the steering wheel, air bag, on even more complications await beyond that point. You'll almost have to get a professional mechanic to do the job, unless you are one yourself.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts