Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
does anyone know which wire you would connect a interior lighting kit. would it be up to the radio or something on the ignition or something completely different?

·
Registered
202 Posts
well that would depend on you, you want them to turn on when you open the door? then connect it to the door switch by the side, do you want them turn on all the time? then connect it to the ignition, or you can install it to the battery and put a switch your self so you can turn it on every time you want, the hard part is to get in there and install it, if you ask me, I would connect a switch to it, that way you have control of when you can turn it on...

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
any clue of where the ignition wire are located other than (obviously) right behind the key?

·
Registered
48 Posts
does anyone know which wire you would connect a interior lighting kit. would it be up to the radio or something on the ignition or something completely different?
for me, its connected to the driver side dome light so it comes on when the door opens and when I switch on the driver dome light... actually I didn't connect it, my installer connected it for me... :)

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
ok. but i will be installing myself. thanks for help

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
i thought about doing that, but i have a tendency to forget to turn thing off when i leave. so if i ran it to the ignition i wouldn't have to worry about it.

·
Premium Member
2,601 Posts
Thanks beast. I've been waiting for someone to post a how to for LED's in the footwells with a switch. Pictures are a big help too.

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
does anyone even have any clue as to what color the ignition or similar wire colors are. i've been looking trough the manual and kiatechinfo.com and can't seem to be able to locate the color

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.