Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
3,919 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's been on my to do list since i got the car and i finally did it this weekend.

Sorry about the heavy breathing, had a bad cold this weekend :(, but nothing a little Nyquil didn't fix.

·
Registered
1,745 Posts
That's flipping awesome! Sorry to hear about the cold though! :( I hope you get better soon!!!!

·
Registered
431 Posts
Nice :) but they seem to dim too much into darkness , it seems to flicker a lot. Wouldve been cool if you could control it to dim just to a low amount of light, rather than full dark.

·
Registered
3,919 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It goes with the music, you have a sensitivity Knob, so you get to mess around with it to your liking. I have the device hidden in my glove box, its wired into my remote start/ ignition, comes on with the key, and off with the key. You can have them either On, Music (different sensitivity) or Off. The device comes with couple of extensions, you can hook up to 8 different strips to it, maybe even more, my next plan is to put them under driver, and passenger seat so they can light up the rear foot wells, i'll mount them on the metal bracket of the actual seat, that way they don't move when you slide them.

If you skip over to 0:38, you see the device, then i have them on ON, after that for the last 2 seconds.

and thanks Fas93, i am good now, i am guessing it was that 24hr cold thats been going around.

·
Registered
132 Posts
want to do mine :p ? mann i wish our koups came with the speaker lights i likethem.... but the foot wells look great i need to get lights there asap i keep droppin shit at night and can't see shit

·
Registered
3,919 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well, in case anyone was wonderingm here's how i did it

you need a music interface, like this one, mine is a bit different, but i tink they;re the same idea. i picked mine at advanced auto parts at the clearance section for 10.99 USD

Music Interface » Buy Now at StreetGlow

then you need LED strips,
Wire
wire taps.

The hard part is finding a positive wire to tap into that you can out a load on without harming you electrics, couple of installation shops told me ignition is the best choice, so i did it into one of my remote start wires.

once you find the positive wire, hook it up to the device, then run q negative from the screw/bolt under the carpet (passenger side, where your pedals would be) then i hid everything in the glove box.

third, connect all your LED to the interface, it has output in the back, so just hook straight to it.

fourth. hide all wires, and adjust sensitivity to your liking

·
Registered
587 Posts
thats some great work! awesome job!

·
Registered
696 Posts
Just throwing this question out there for anyone that may know. For those of us with the speaker lights, is it possible to tap into those and have LED's work in conjunction with them? IE mood lighting, solid on, and music?

·
Registered
733 Posts
Would you know if autozone pepboys or kragen would sell this

·
Registered
3,919 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Autozone should, if not you can get it online. it all depends on the size of your Autozone.

and for Dvipercop, i always wondered the same, but i thought it might need removing your door panel, then you might get a rattle or two.

·
Registered
3,919 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
and Thanks everyone for the complements, Today, i installed in a friends G6 led's inside the speakers, (like removed the door panel, and on the inside of the speaker grill i mounted led strips), and installed the footwell LEDs, everything was hooked up to the music interface device, the only difference is i used i "fuse tap" for hers, and hers is Fused.

·
Registered
733 Posts
Thanks and one more question how sensitive is cause i bought a real cheap one of these from pepboys and i had my volume on 5 out of 35 and it was maxed out and the sensitivity was all the way down

·
Registered
3,919 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Its as sensitive as you want it to be, i can have the volume of 35, and it will barely light up, or i can kick up the sensitivity, and have the volume on 1 and it will light up.
You have a little knob that you turn to your liking, my only complain is that if you have the AC on 3 or 4, and the sensitivity towards the middle (sensitive to volume 15), then the device picks up the ac voice.

One cool thing about it, if you have it on max sensitivity, it picks up sex sounds

·
Registered
733 Posts
Lol thanks man, ill keep that in mind hahaha

1 - 20 of 47 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.