Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know that a lot of people would like to get coilovers for the Forte, there have been a few discussions about it around different area's of the forum. The more a company is contacted about a certain car the more likely they are to produce a component for it. Some times companies are even looking for one, Eibach wants your Forte!

So here is a list of contact info for some of the bigger brands out there. Many of them are local to Southern California, but not all. Feel free to add companies I did not think of. The more the word gets out the more product you will see.

Megan Racing - they make coilovers, springs, sway/strut bars, and exhaust, also they are looking for a Rio!

Tein - My favorite suspension company!

Eibach - they are looking for a Forte!

H&R - I have heard a lot of great things about their product and they already produce springs for the Forte.

Koni - they have their own challenge!

It may not seem like this will work, but Megan was contacted enough times to make a coilover for the Suzuki SX4, a car that sells in a year the number of Forte's sold in a month. Tein has a ton of applications for all sorts of low volume models, so don't be deterred.

·
Registered
312 Posts
Good idea! I agee with you, if a company sees a interest for a product, thats $ to them.

·
Premium Member
1,020 Posts
How is that turbo SX4 treating you?

·
Registered
312 Posts
^ is that directed to me or OP?

·
Premium Member
1,020 Posts

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

·
Registered
733 Posts
AAhhh... why do they have to be looking for a sedan lol

·
Premium Member
295 Posts
KFX Performance - Hyundai and Kia Performance and Styling Parts - Kia Forte SMA Coilover SS6: KFX Performance

Shark Racing

Bilstein

http://www.hrsprings.com/products/coil-overs/

Viper is on Kw's. Record Lap

KW is my personal fave.. i have a set of stage 1's on order.
http://www.kw-suspension.com/us/kw_product_range.php
KW automotive North America Inc.
1075 North Avenue
Sanger, CA 93657
USA

Phone: 1-800-445-3767 (toll free)
Fax: 1-559-876-2259

eMail: [email protected]

i had megans, wasn't too happy.

·
Registered
427 Posts
Im not sure how these work. Are you able to adjust the height of the car electronically, or only with a wrench?

·
Premium Member
1,020 Posts
Im not sure how these work. Are you able to adjust the height of the car electronically, or only with a wrench?
How what works? Airbags or coilovers?

Airbags rely on a compressor to pump them up. So you can air them down and up so you can electronically lower and raise your car.

Coilovers require you to tune them mechanically by jacking the car up and down.

I'd say for racing coilovers is key to dial in the suspension.

IMO airbags are more for looks/towing than performance. But that's not to say that airbags haven't hit the tracks.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Does anybody know something about "Tech Pro" coilovers, I bough a Koup with that brand, but I'm unable to find any information on them and possibly need to change some parts.
I can upload pictures if that helps

1 - 16 of 16 Posts