Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For the past year or so I've been one of the biggest boosters of the Ford Fiesta and a very active participant on a Ford Fiesta forum. I was one of the first to order a Fiesta. However, things started to fall apart back in June when I learned my Fiesta was still sitting at the factory a month after being built while others were already showing up at dealers. Last week I found out that my Fiesta made it to the states but was damaged. I went to the dealer and when they couldn't get an explanation of the damage I asked for my deposit back and got it.

So now I'm free to consider any car I want. I'm still working contacts at Ford to get more information on the damage (apparently its not just an isolated case with the one I ordered). But I've also had a "thing" for the Forte ever since it came out and some news I found here last week has pushed the Forte up to the top of my shopping list. See my post in the sedan section for more. I'm hoping things are happier in Forte land then in the Fiesta world.

·
Premium Member
332 Posts
FORD=FOUND ON ROAD DEAD
Treat yourself to a nice Forte Koup SX in racing red and all will be good.
KIA = KILLED IN ACTION.

The Forte is a great car, so is the Fiesta, but they're two different cars. The Forte is a sport compact, the Fiesta is a sub-compact. If you're looking at maximum fuel efficiency, I'd go with a Fiesta. If you want a combination of room, fun to drive factor, fuel efficiency, and looks, then I'd go with a racing red Forte.

Both are great cars.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Prior to learning about the Fiesta, I was only considering C-level cars like the Forte. I liked the idea of getting c-level refinement in a b-size car and the Fiesta bore that out in two test drives (Euro and then US Spec). There's nothing wrong with the Fiesta as a car, it's just the delivery process and customer service that are turning me off.

·
Registered
11 Posts
ive been a die hard GM fan ever since i was a little kid and i come from a family that all drives GM cars...lately we've all been extremely turned off by the dealership and service experience with our cars and needless to say im jumping ship...if the service experience turns out anywhere near as awesome as my dealership experience this far you can bet there will be a lot more kias parked in our driveways. It seems to be a domestic thing..and no matter how hard they work on improvin the cars (which they have) they really need to make some serious changes at the dealership level to improve customer satisfaction

·
Registered
2021 Forte GT w/GT2, Currant Red, SXTH Element Intercooler Kit, Evilla Exhaust, Takeda S2 Intake
3,852 Posts
ive been a die hard GM fan ever since i was a little kid and i come from a family that all drives GM cars...lately we've all been extremely turned off by the dealership and service experience with our cars and needless to say im jumping ship...if the service experience turns out anywhere near as awesome as my dealership experience this far you can bet there will be a lot more kias parked in our driveways. It seems to be a domestic thing..and no matter how hard they work on improvin the cars (which they have) they really need to make some serious changes at the dealership level to improve customer satisfaction
^this is a bit off subject...but I agree with you. I'm so turned-off by the local Chevy dealer I won't buy another Chevy -- since I would have to go to them for any warranty service. The finance officer called me everything but an idiot because I got my own financing and didn't want the GMAC financing...and don't get me started on the service department -- managers, not technicians.

·
Registered
11 Posts
i agree with you although last time i had my car worked on i found loose bolts all over the place which really pissed me off seeing as the bill was $2500...for $108 a labor hour i expect more...

i only brought the topic up in reference to the OP's statements about his poor treatment from the Ford dealer which is how ive found domestic dealerships to be in general

1 - 8 of 8 Posts