1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
look at this link--
2011 Ford Fiesta Goes to Extremes for 2010 SEMA Show

selected quotes
"Ford has been hammering home customization possibilities of the Fiesta for months. On Thursday it called the Fiesta "a perfect fit for the aftermarket.""

"..........and a production-based, turbocharged, 2.0-liter EcoBoost engine enlarged to 2.3 liters to churn out a claimed 350 horses. Other details include a short-throw shifter, a Ford Racing exhaust, Brembo brakes and 17-inch wheels....."

".......... such goodies as a short-throw shifter, cold air intake, tuned front and rear lowering sport springs, retuned dampers, thicker antiroll bars and a front strut tower brace....."

there is more- a lot more- but you get the gist of what ford is doing to the fiesta....

·
Registered
431 Posts
its damn ugly, and always has been. Its desperately trying to be pretty with wider wheel arches, bigger lighter rims, re-sportified front.. Huge wing..

An ugly fiesta, will always be, an ugly fiesta..regardless.

·
Premium Member
1,020 Posts
If only they can do something to make the fiesta sedan to look better.

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
production-based, turbocharged, 2.0-liter EcoBoost engine enlarged to 2.3 liters to churn out a claimed 350 horses.

this is the part that most got my attention after reading all the turbo threads.......
i'd sure like to see the dyno sheet on this one ;)

·
Registered
358 Posts
It looks bad ass to me!

·
Registered
427 Posts
I dont get Kia. Why make a "performance" 2.4 engine and not suit it for modding. Why not sleeve the cylinders to allow a big turbo or more boost. If my memory serves me correctly, the civic was a hit because it could be an econo car, a family car, and a performance car. I dont get why KIA didnt hit up all three.

·
Registered
32 Posts
blue and gray one

does anyone know what kind of wheels those are on the blue and gray picture i know i have seen them before

·
Premium Member
187 Posts
I agree that Kia needs to look at what Ford's doing, though were I them I'd be finding a different way to do it.

As big as the Hyundai/Kia group is getting, they're still not on the same playing field as Ford, a company that's enjoyed its share of race/rally experience in the past century. The truth is, Ford's got a lot of engineering expertise when it comes to performance gear, and it will be a long time before Kia can catch up.

What Kia CAN do is build closer ties to the aftermarket community. Supply some cars, set up an arm that works with the aftermarket community and provides it with technical resources. That would go a long way to helping them build the street cred the'll need to push to the next level.

·
Registered
230 Posts
//////kiasaleen//////

I agree that Kia needs to look at what Ford's doing, though were I them I'd be finding a different way to do it.

As big as the Hyundai/Kia group is getting, they're still not on the same playing field as Ford, a company that's enjoyed its share of race/rally experience in the past century. The truth is, Ford's got a lot of engineering expertise when it comes to performance gear, and it will be a long time before Kia can catch up.

What Kia CAN do is build closer ties to the aftermarket community. Supply some cars, set up an arm that works with the aftermarket community and provides it with technical resources. That would go a long way to helping them build the street cred the'll need to push to the next level.
I agree what Kia needs is Ford to Shelby / Saleen or a Mercedes to AMG Equivalent. You get my drift. As you said private aftermarket companies to produce great aftermarket values in all areas performance, body kits and paint. Hmmm Perhaps a Kia Saleen...lol :D

·
Registered
1,804 Posts

Exactly!!!!!!! Where's corporate Kia so they can heed such advice??

·
Registered
1,804 Posts
I like the Fiesta and it's looks. KorsaBlue, you hit the nail on the head with the biggest flaw in Kia's strategy with the Forte. They need to diversify, and create a performance arm like TRD for Toyota, Mazdaspeed, or Si for the Civic.

·
Premium Member
187 Posts
I like the Fiesta and it's looks. KorsaBlue, you hit the nail on the head with the biggest flaw in Kia's strategy with the Forte. They need to diversify, and create a performance arm like TRD for Toyota, Mazdaspeed, or Si for the Civic.
This is an excellent time for them to do it, too. They're just starting to show up on the radar for a lot of potential buyers, and a legitimate performance effort would do a lot to seal the deal for many.

They could go in-house like TRD or AMG, or to third parties, or even some combination of the two.

I know there's some effort to race Fortes too, but maybe that needs to be boosted a bit.

(Ooooo... a blown, AWD, WRC homologation special...)

·
Premium Member
187 Posts
It looks bad ass to me!
You know, I've gotta agree. I actually like the Fiesta, and it was on my short-list. I think it looks pretty good, and it's got a lot of features you don't often see in that class.

It's pretty slow, though (at least until they bring an RS out), I didn't want something quite that small, and, dammit, I wanted a sporty 2-dr. I bought my Koup and never looked back.

The Fiesta is going to be big; I expect it to bring buyers back to subcompacts in a big way. Kia's really going to have to button down the new Rio if it wants to compete.

·
Registered
1,804 Posts
This is an excellent time for them to do it, too. They're just starting to show up on the radar for a lot of potential buyers, and a legitimate performance effort would do a lot to seal the deal for many.

They could go in-house like TRD or AMG, or to third parties, or even some combination of the two.

I know there's some effort to race Fortes too, but maybe that needs to be boosted a bit.

(Ooooo... a blown, AWD, WRC homologation special...)
It's the perfect time for them. With the new lineup and new brand direction, it actually makes all the sense in the world to set up a performance parts arm. I'd love it to be in-house like TRD, but right now something is better than nothing. Mmmmmm, a turbo'd AWD beast!! Hahahaa!! But yes, Kia has two Koups that I believe just finished their first season with good results. Let's wait and see what trickles down from these efforts. Kudos to Kia for doing the racing, that's how you develop the breed!

·
Registered
316 Posts
Mitsubishi has the Evo, Subaru has the WRX STi, Ford now has the Fiesta, VW has the Golf GTI, Honda with the Civic SI, Mazda with the MazdaSpeed3 and Speed6, Nissan with the Sentra Spec-V, GM has the chev SS line

Kia/Hyundai have.............?

I WANT A TURBO!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts