Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys i just want to post a quick lil experience i just had with a honda accord that kept harassing me on the freeway, well finally we got a red light i look over he starts revving on me light turns green and we both start smashing got to about 100 mph and i had him by like 3 cars i was really surprised he had the basics exhaust intake as i do just want to let you guys know we can smash on the accord 2.3 liter vtec lol :D.. fyi i do not condone street racing but when you are harassed by some one i think we can ll agree to smash and get away lol :cool:

·
Premium Member
1,820 Posts
:=] like +1

·
Registered
432 Posts
Are you sure it was the VTEC 2.3 and not the regular? Just sayin'...

The Forte is lighter and has around the same power as the VTEC mill, so the outcome is not surprising!

·
Premium Member
1,820 Posts
Im having a problem beating a ls vtech swap into a hatch back and also a 2 door. I know weight plays a roll here. I also noticed that almost at redline (7000rpm) i tend to catch up. Once i change gears and rpms drop its all over. If my ecm was still modified at 7800 rpms i wouldnt have a problem. Whats your opinion? Anyone else incounter this?

·
Registered
284 Posts
crock89 Once i change gears and rpms drop its all over.

I see I pull very hard from a start, once I get into 4th its as if I had lost all my power, I was up against a Mazda 3 2.5l and was ahead by about 2 cars, when my automatic shifted to 4th I was going about ~150-160kms/hr the mazda started to gain on me. I was at my exit so I slowed down.

4th seems to be where I lose my power. Other than that, 1,2 and 3rd are pretty good. (3rd feels like the power isn't really there until I hit 120-140kms/hr, during that 20km strech my car pulls hard, but its not as bad as 4th).

2,213 Posts
Racing is dangerous!!!! (did I just say that??) lmao keep a camera in the glovebox and take pics of him in the rearview like I do! My new hobby is scrapbooking! Hahaha

·
Premium Member
1,020 Posts
crock89 Once i change gears and rpms drop its all over.

I see I pull very hard from a start, once I get into 4th its as if I had lost all my power, I was up against a Mazda 3 2.5l and was ahead by about 2 cars, when my automatic shifted to 4th I was going about ~150-160kms/hr the mazda started to gain on me. I was at my exit so I slowed down.

4th seems to be where I lose my power. Other than that, 1,2 and 3rd are pretty good. (3rd feels like the power isn't really there until I hit 120-140kms/hr, during that 20km strech my car pulls hard, but its not as bad as 4th).
Crocks got a 6spd manual. With slightly better gearing than our 5spd auto. If you want to race just slip it to manual mode and don't shift. It will hold the gear as long as possible. 3rd should be good up to 180km before redline. If I recall gearing and final drive properly. I have no problems being faster the whole series of Mazda3 barring the Speed3. Same goes for Civics barring the Si the rest are slow. Corollas aren't even worth mentioning.

The best stop light drag I had was against a new Ford Edge. Nothing high speed just 0-60km. He barely beat me. But man for a boat it can haul ass.

Either way street racing is lame especially when it's all about going in a straight line. Auto-crossing is where you test yourself. I've never street raced with excessive speed I just see who can get to the limit the fastest. If you want to see how fast you are with reaction and shifting you gotta do it at the track.

·
Premium Member
1,820 Posts
At a 40mph roll on 3rd gear i can take off on a mazda speed 3 any day up until i change to 4th and thats were there turbo kicks in. they have a super lag i noticed unless its a factory high rpm turbo

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.