Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Banned
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I did all the search guys. I picked up my 2.4Koup 2 weeks ago and I decided my first mod will be an exhaust and Intake. Intake, I found a good amount of information on so Im already set on that.

My problem is a decent exhaust system. Seriously, Solo performance?? Come on, wouldn't even categorize that as a performance exhaust.(It could be better right?) Are there any PERFORMANCE exhaust in the market right now?

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
It all depends how much you want to spend. Alot of people are using the turbo-kits.com exhaust system and love it. I personally have just a magnaflow muffler with the stock tubing and cant complain.

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
I have a spintech muffler *lot like the magna flow with all stock plumbing.. sounds nice seemed to help it breath alittle better ;)

anyway honestly the tk muffler set up was dyno to pick up serval hp from it so.. I'd think to buy from them if you have the extra money!

I want too add there kit in the near future!

·
Registered
121 Posts
ive got the solo performance catback system and absolutely love it!!! the sound, the performance!!!! soo awesome!

·
Registered
2021 Forte GT w/GT2, Currant Red, SXTH Element Intercooler Kit, Evilla Exhaust, Takeda S2 Intake
3,825 Posts
I did all the search guys. I picked up my 2.4Koup 2 weeks ago and I decided my first mod will be an exhaust and Intake. Intake, I found a good amount of information on so Im already set on that.

My problem is a decent exhaust system. Seriously, Solo performance?? Come on, wouldn't even categorize that as a performance exhaust. Are there any PERFORMANCE exhaust in the market right now?

What's with your negative post about Solo Performance?
I have the Solo Performance Exhaust on my Koup and I would recommend it to any Koup owner - or sedan owner. You can select a loud or quiet setup and somewhere in-between. It is 2.25" diameter and Stainless...and if you want nothing but performance then get the loud version...if you want a great throaty sound when accelerating but quiet at idle and while cruising then get the quiet version -- I'm totally satisfied with mine!!!

·
Registered
2021 Forte GT w/GT2, Currant Red, SXTH Element Intercooler Kit, Evilla Exhaust, Takeda S2 Intake
3,825 Posts
I would love to see some justification hehind that comment as well.
Kookie Forte is from Ark Performance -- trying to drum up business the underhanded way...LoL!!!

·
Banned
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
I havent even mention ARK. I saw their exhaust but nothing worth mentioning due to no specs. So I asked this question to the community.

I was referring to this link
http://www.forteforums.com/forums/p...olo-performance-exhaust-install-critique.html

From the looks of it. No so Great. You must understand I come from a Honda Fit group where quality is strongly emphasized. GReddy, HKS, T1R, AJR, Jun BL, 7ism. These are the companies that I look up to in quality and performance but the cost is just damn too much

Lastly. Dyno #'s for SOLO owners. Please or did they not release the information before they sold the exhaust

·
Premium Member
1,020 Posts
I havent even mention ARK. I saw their exhaust but nothing worth mentioning due to no specs. So I asked this question to the community.

http://www.forteforums.com/forums/p...olo-performance-exhaust-install-critique.html

From the looks of it. No so Great. You must understand I come from a Honda Fit group where quality is strongly emphasized. GReddy, HKS, T1R, AJR, Jun BL, 7ism. These are the companies that I look up to in quality and performance but the cost is just damn too much

Lastly. Dyno #'s for SOLO owners. Please or did they not release the information before they sold the exhaust
"Honda Fit" "where quality is strongly emphasized"

You care about quality and you drive a Honda Fit?

The Dyno numbers were taken, the story is as such the worse run of the day was 11TQ and 11HP with the quietest kit and the HFC. We're talking a car sitting on the dyno with no cool down time. There hasn't been official numbers released.

The power numbers go up from there, ~3HP/TQ down without the HFC on the quietest kit.

I know this because I was there. They could have posted all the results of the testing however Solo's owner said we'll just give them the lowest sets of numbers/most likely kit to sell and run with that. I have a copy of the 11HP/TQ dyno but I didn't get printouts.

I don't even know why I'm treating you seriously because you're still a freaking troll to me and you talk shit about quality products, and I'm not just defending Solo here. You like an asshole bumped a thread for the sale of the TK muffler and asked for a dyno and pics. Seriously kid? Dyno on a muffler especially on a thread 4 months old. Eat a slice of humble pie and people won't treat you as a troll.

·
Registered
427 Posts
The ark dual chamber stuff is cool

The second chamber acts as a glasspack resonator on lower rpms, then is bypassed for some kick ass exhaust notes on WOT.

They say this can be done with no sacrifice to airflow and low end torque.

IDK about that... I mean, in the low rpms, the flow will be diverted. It sounds a bit gimmicky. But then again, I've heard their product. Very nice.

·
Banned
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
"Honda Fit" "where quality is strongly emphasized"

You care about quality and you drive a Honda Fit?

The Dyno numbers were taken, the story is as such the worse run of the day was 11TQ and 11HP with the quietest kit and the HFC. We're talking a car sitting on the dyno with no cool down time. There hasn't been official numbers released.

The power numbers go up from there, ~3HP/TQ down without the HFC on the quietest kit.

I know this because I was there. They could have posted all the results of the testing however Solo's owner said we'll just give them the lowest sets of numbers/most likely kit to sell and run with that. I have a copy of the 11HP/TQ dyno but I didn't get printouts.

I don't even know why I'm treating you seriously because you're still a freaking troll to me and you talk shit about quality products, and I'm not just defending Solo here. You like an asshole bumped a thread for the sale of the TK muffler and asked for a dyno and pics. Seriously kid? Dyno on a muffler especially on a thread 4 months old. Eat a slice of humble pie and people won't treat you as a troll.
Honda Fit was in reference to JDM parts. Honestly, the exhaust could be better. Look at it.

You coming in here and talking shit is what drives members out. NOW. is there a dyno with the exhaust by itself?

Thank you in Advance

·
Registered
3,919 Posts
Alright, lets look at numbers, that's what you want right? numbers?

COOKIE FORTE has 13 posts, all "Questioning exhausts", i dunno about you, but 13 posts in a row about exhausts is a record for a new member.

So i say, he's either an undercover spammer, or an undercover salesman from an exhaust company that doesn't wanna pay to be a "Site Sponsor", so instead, just trash all the rest. its like a this quote.

"If you can't win a debate, just destroy your opponents credibility"

Sorry if i am offending any one here, but i am just making an assumption based on facts.

·
Banned
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Okay. I do want to argue about something so stupid like this. Show me a dyno of the exhaust by itself thats all I want. I saw the dyno with the HFC and the gains were awesome.

Noodile, with a post count of 471 can you tell me the best exhaust in the market might be? I have not advertised for anyone. SOLO performance states gains. Thats awesome. SOLO performance is a great exhaust company for making awesome gains with a HFC and exhaust.

Fact: I saw the pictures of the exhaust and i was not impressed. Are there any other exhaust you guys might recommend. Jun BL and 7sim is expensive with shipping and everything. Any input would be great.

Thank you Noodile in advance.

·
Registered
444 Posts
I think it has been made quite clear COOKIE FORTE. As far as we (the forum members) are concerned the best options are, in no particular order, Solo Perfomance, Turbokits.com, the SXR Axle Back or a Magnaflow muffler. If you want more information about these or other products you should contact the individual manufacturers instead. We have given you what information we can. Sorry that I can't be more helpful to you.

Best of luck in your search for the elusive Dyno Sheet you yearn for.

Deuce

·
Registered
3,919 Posts
Your options if you really wanna get a good value. (price/quality)

1. Turbo Kits

2. Solo Performance

3. Go to a custom exhaust shop and have them custom make you a complete system then dyno it and tweak it for max performance. If you go to a professional shop they might do a better job than any exhaust in the market. (not trying to dis on TK or Solo Performance, but some tweaks are costly, and when you're mass manufacturing exhausts, a small tweak won't be worth the extra money. Its pure business. You get the most for the lowest price. I am not saying you cut corners or anything, just the fact that some changes aren't worth the hassle)

So there you go cookie, Get a system custom made, it will cost you, but its worth it, other wise, just settle for a TK or a Solo. Their quality is good and price is good. Don't expect too much horsepower, if you're looking for horsepower, buy a turbo. After all, the Koup was only meant to be a good looking economical car, not meant for drag racing.

·
Premium Member
1,020 Posts
Just so you know TK does have a dyno of their exhaust on their site. And I posted a dyno run in the install thread. You'll see HP and TQ gains are close for both but Solo has an edge on price because there's no shipping if you in the US.

As for why aren't there any big name Asian KDM products for our NA Fortes you can thank Kia for giving us a 7.6 second 0-60 econobox instead of giving us a 12 sec 1.6L econobox. Most KDM performanxe parts are for the Gamma 1.6 because that's the volume engine. As a business you don't target the niche you go for the majority.

However we can thank the sponsors on this site such as Solo and TK for taking a chance on the Forte. For both of these guys this is the First Kia they have made parts for. Solo used to Focus on Full exhaust systems (headers and CBE) on big blocks and TK by the looks for listed products focused on more tuner friendly cars. Don't bash a company because YOU never heard of it.

I bet parts of Korea has never heard of Edelbrock or Hooker Headers.

·
Registered
3,825 Posts

That's my post you are referring to. I am not a photographer and the shots I took were simply for everyone to see what I did. The photo of the Ark exhaust is a prepared ad -- I could have assembled the Solo Performance exhaust and polished it up to make it more appealing -- is that what you need to make a decision on an exhaust? Having installed the solo Performance exhaust myself (and I have installed several exhausts on GM cars) I found the Solo Performance exhaust to be a high quality piece. $499 shipped (in the US) is a very good deal.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts