Kia Forte Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Unluckily something (presumably a piece of ice) hit the front of the car and broke a piece of the nose grill, I am totally aware this needs to get replaced but I wanted to ask if in the meantime, there is a problem with leaving the front of the car exposed with this hole, I've temporarily covered it with tape, what is the main function of this grill? and lastly what is the approx cost of the replacement.
Many thanks for your advise!

·
Super Moderator
279 Posts
It's perfectly fine to leave it like that until you replace it. I'm not sure on the 2019 but it's mostly aesthetic. It most likely also has some holes to allow for airflow anyways.

I believe that piece pops out/unscrews from the bumper cover, so it's not so hard to replace. Cost is probably astronomical at the dealer though. :)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It's perfectly fine to leave it like that until you replace it. I'm not sure on the 2019 but it's mostly aesthetic. It most likely also has some holes to allow for airflow anyways.

I believe that piece pops out/unscrews from the bumper cover, so it's not so hard to replace. Cost is probably astronomical at the dealer though. :)
Thanks for sharing!

·
Registered
60 Posts
It's main purpose is protecting the radiator while still allowing sure flow, if it was just an open hole we would probably be taking radiator replacement instead of grill damage they just try to make it look good in the process.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts