Kia Forte Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, today I noticed that the engine noise got considerably louder in my Kia Forte 19'. I think that is knocking/ticking but I'm not sure, engine is not cold and it only has 16K km.

Any ideas what it could be?

Forte Engine Noise

·
Super Moderator
446 Posts
Sounds pretty normal to me.

The only revving up to 4000 rpm is an issue though. That's called limp mode. You should have a check engine light illuminated.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sounds pretty normal to me.

The only revving up to 4000 rpm is an issue though. That's called limp mode. You should have a check engine light illuminated.
Thanks, actually it doesn't have the engine light check illuminated, probably the computer is unable to detect the failure.

·
Super Moderator
446 Posts
When is the last time it had an oil change? Have you checked the level of oil?

What happens when you reach 4,000 rpm?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
When is the last time it had an oil change? Have you checked the level of oil?

What happens when you reach 4,000 rpm?
Last oil change was about 2K km ago, November last year. The oil is at full level still and in good shape.

When I rev up to 4K RPM it just stays there. Little bit of shaking.

·
Super Moderator
446 Posts
It's really difficult to diagnose without a CEL code. You should either buy a scanner and scan the car yourself, or bring it to a garage to have it scanned. There could be a stored code to help find out what the issue is. Something is causing the car to go into limp mode. I wouldn't recommend doing a lot of driving with it while it's like this.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It's really difficult to diagnose without a CEL code. You should either buy a scanner and scan the car yourself, or bring it to a garage to have it scanned. There could be a stored code to help find out what the issue is. Something is causing the car to go into limp mode. I wouldn't recommend doing a lot of driving with it while it's like this.
Yeah, it's quite weird, thanks a lot. Will take it to get scanned asap.

Ok, will try to get it towed. Thanks.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts