Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My forte was running fine for the first thousand miles until I ran into a problem with my accelerator. I barely had to press on the accelerator to have the rpm get passed 3000 but while I was driving recently, I noticed that i needed to gas the accelerator all the way down in order for me to get to even 3000 rpm. It feels and sounds like the engine is being overworked but the car accelerates very slowly and there is a delay in response time. Before this problem the car ran perfectly fine. The car now just stays at 2000 rpm and doesnt go any higher unless i gas it all the way. But when i tried to drive it in tiptronic, i noticed that it drives normally but the problem only occurs when its on drive. Does anyone know of this problem? Any feedback would be of great help. Thank you.

·
Registered
129 Posts
take it to the dealership there's something wrong with your car.

·
Registered
436 Posts
That sounds like a clogged catalytic converter, although you should be getting a check-engine light for a running problem that severe.

·
Registered
425 Posts
It could be an issue with the ECU learning system, especially if everything works fine in triptronic. I would say take it to a dealership and have them look at the car under warranty, it could be a simple ECU reflash that fixes the whole thing.

·
Registered
165 Posts
it sounds like your car is trying to take off in 3rd gear from the get go. Thats why I stick with manual transmissions. Definately Take it to the dealer to get it looked at!

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
I've had my car seem a little slugglish on my way back from going to Mo..
long trip and the car had been running for 2 days half way home for about 5 miles seems like it just was tired, stoped for gas and things were back to normal
I just figured it was from the 1,400 mile trip and the 24 hours of work..

Nock on wood has not happened since* it is a bit werid thou I thought limp mode at first too

·
Registered
48 Posts
That sounds like a clogged catalytic converter, although you should be getting a check-engine light for a running problem that severe.
this would be my guess too but it also sounds a little more serious than a clogged cat.

edit: after reading the67best's thread i think you might have the same problem as him.
sounds like the car might be misfiring. is the CEL on? and is your car sputtering?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts