Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I'm moving back home to VA beach, VA and the SCCA runs an autocross event every month, I've had past experience racing in the events. I called an old buddy and guess what, fortes are on fire in the street touring class in grand am. Just thought I'd let everyone know if anyone has similar interests.

·
Registered
204 Posts
So I'm moving back home to VA beach, VA and the SCCA runs an autocross event every month, I've had past experience racing in the events. I called an old buddy and guess what, fortes are on fire in the street touring class in grand am. Just thought I'd let everyone know if anyone has similar interests.
How are you going to autocross with an automatic transmission? I can't imagine that working too well. And the Sportmatic setup is pretty horrible, in my opinion. The shifts are lazy and not precise at all.

I'm not trying to give you a hard time, I just can't imaging the auto trans being competitive at all. Am I wrong?

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
They run at little creek amphibious base, and as for an automatic, for the forte ur right it isn't great but, but the people who autocross in virginia are more about fun and figuring out what your made of. Do I expectto be great, hell no, but it would be nice to see the lemits of this car, legally, and surprisingly there are many automatics that run autocross and do better than most people give credit for, it's all about learning how your car will react and use it your advantage. And I don't mind criticism, I got it alot when I showed up with an automatic civic and people hated the fact that I could dance around mustangs and camaros, etc.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Took my koup to its first autocross here in WV last weekend, burned it up!! Cant wait for next months event.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Here in ohio we see tuns of automatics that compete very well. Often even against the manual version of themselves. Especcially 2010+ models

·
Premium Member
944 Posts
Anyone know if there are any videos of Forte's at an Autocross?

·
Premium Member
944 Posts

Here one video I found, not an SX. That's about all I know about this one. Probably stock. Looks like fun!

·
Registered
1,804 Posts
I'm glad this thread was posted, got me curious as to how an SX Koup would fare!!

·
Registered
201 Posts
Hey all, I'm planning on running my stock SX Koup 6 spd next month on Aug 12. I'm new to the autocross thing, so I'm expecting that I'll suck at it, but I'm curious to see how it does as well. They usually have experienced drivers that you can have drive your car as well. Looking forward to it and I'll keep you all posted.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Hey all, I'm planning on running my stock SX Koup 6 spd next month on Aug 12. I'm new to the autocross thing, so I'm expecting that I'll suck at it, but I'm curious to see how it does as well. They usually have experienced drivers that you can have drive your car as well. Looking forward to it and I'll keep you all posted.
I have been running my SX sedan for 6 months now. I started off bone stock and got out of the novice class my first race (only losing to an S2000, modified 3 series, and modified turbo Audi A4). Since then I have been been bumped up classes do to mods. As long as your running stock you should have no problem doing well in the G stock class (the class that the SX is put into). The first time you go out they give you an instructor that rides along with you to navigate the course and give you hints on how to run faster. The forte usually does pretty well and EVERYONE is amazed when they find out it's a KIA!!!

·
Registered
114 Posts

·
Registered
201 Posts
I have been running my SX sedan for 6 months now. I started off bone stock and got out of the novice class my first race (only losing to an S2000, modified 3 series, and modified turbo Audi A4). Since then I have been been bumped up classes do to mods. As long as your running stock you should have no problem doing well in the G stock class (the class that the SX is put into). The first time you go out they give you an instructor that rides along with you to navigate the course and give you hints on how to run faster. The forte usually does pretty well and EVERYONE is amazed when they find out it's a KIA!!!
Great to hear you did so well. Was it your first autox event or the first time in your Kia? I spent about an hour and a half hanging out with the club running the event and got all the details, my koup was parked nearby and it was no surprise that several were having a look and asking what it was and if it was running that day. (it's debadged)

·
Registered
123 Posts
Great to hear you did so well. Was it your first autox event or the first time in your Kia? I spent about an hour and a half hanging out with the club running the event and got all the details, my koup was parked nearby and it was no surprise that several were having a look and asking what it was and if it was running that day. (it's debadged)
It was my first event ever, still had the Kia badges on then, walked up, registered and the event staff said, "Ohh a Kia forte, those are running good in Solo events, can't wait to see it here today!" what a good feeling!!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.