Kia Forte Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here is the process I used to remove the FORTE badge from the trunk lid of my 2.4 SX Sedan.

1. Heat up the badge with a hair dryer.

2. Begin prying the badge.

3. As enough tape is worked through, switch from the card to hands.

4. Here is what the emblem looks like from the back.

5. Clean the remaining adhesive.

6. Area is cleaned of the emblem and adhesive.

Hope this helps anyone looking to remove the FORTE badge!

·
Registered
973 Posts
very good, concise write-up
I used the same technique except i substituted floss for the aaa card
I had my girlfriend continue applying heat via the dryer while I worked the floss back and forth VERY slowly
felt like my hands were melting from the heat though lol

·
Premium Member
2,249 Posts
IMO, it totally changes the look of the rear of the vehicle. i got rid of both emblems on mine and i like it a lot. here's a pic of one without the forte emblem. not sure why they put a "C" on the back tho... i took both of mine off and put the 3D Forte Koup emblem in place of the KIA badge

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,533 Posts

·
Registered
695 Posts
IMO, it totally changes the look of the rear of the vehicle. i got rid of both emblems on mine and i like it a lot. here's a pic of one without the forte emblem. not sure why they put a "C" on the back tho... i took both of mine off and put the 3D Forte Koup emblem in place of the KIA badge

I know this is a little off topic but does anyone else think dual exhaust on the SX koup looks good or am i on my own with this? Its hard to find any pictures with this shown.

·
Registered
513 Posts
Stupid Question.. but i'm assuming these blue interior lights will fit in the Sedan as well?

·
Registered
78 Posts
heres a link to my thread with pics of the removal of emblems...i love the clean and subtle look IMO...def worth it

Latest changes Corsa blue SX

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
How do you guys like the no forte or sx emblems??? I'm not sure if I want them
completely removed. But then again I'm sure it's nice and pretty and sleek looking.
I like the look without the FORTE emblem.
I left the SX because I like the look of it on the trunk lid.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Finally removed my dealership badge that they put on. Used petrol to get rid of the remaining sticky stuff. All done and dusted, looks so much better. Thanks for this!

·
Registered
496 Posts
It should be illegal for dealerships to do that. I fucking hate when I see a car driving along and the dealership stuck some custom emblem for advertisement purposes on the trunk.

·
Registered
1,241 Posts
I'm still rocking my dealership sticker. haha. Been thinking about removing it but my dealer rocks!

·
Registered
13 Posts
So how would you put them back on again? I want to take all of my emblems and badges off to ghost them and then put them back on again. Any ideas?

·
Registered
100 Posts
So how would you put them back on again? I want to take all of my emblems and badges off to ghost them and then put them back on again. Any ideas?
You could use some 3m tape but you are going to have to find the right kind. Something similar to what the dealer has used. I used mounting tape for my dipped badges but its a little to thick for the forte badge

·
Registered
1 Posts
So... Just to clarify, there are no posts on the back of the Forte emblem? I just want to make sure there won't be any holes left over and I cannot see the images that you posted.
Thanks!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts