Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
just thought i'd start a thread introducing crash test videos
(after all- heard that these cars are doing pretty good- sometimes- videos show it like it is)
oh yeah- just an idea- if you find a new video-start your post with type of forte and country
and to start it out-
frontal crash of a sedan/austrailan version.

i'll post it next...........

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·

(and ok- i admit to the world i am an idiot- doh! - no one can change the threads title........)

·
Premium Member
1,020 Posts
These look like version 1 of the Forte.

There's kind of a version 1.1 of the Forte where Kia redid the structure to get a better crash test result in cars built after October 2009.

For some reason these videos don't seem to inspire the warm fuzzy feeling of safety I got from reading the brochure.

Before getting my Forte I drove a 98 Grand Am which had medicre impact tests however when I tap the sheet metal it feels solid I can't get it flex by pushing on it. When I push the body on my Forte the sheet metal it easily has some give and when you tap it, it's sounds tinny. I really hope I never have to find out how safe this car is.

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
These look like version 1 of the Forte.

There's kind of a version 1.1 of the Forte where Kia redid the structure to get a better crash test result in cars built after October 2009.

For some reason these videos don't seem to inspire the warm fuzzy feeling of safety I got from reading the brochure.

Before getting my Forte I drove a 98 Grand Am which had medicre impact tests however when I tap the sheet metal it feels solid I can't get it flex by pushing on it. When I push the body on my Forte the sheet metal it easily has some give and when you tap it, it's sounds tinny. I really hope I never have to find out how safe this car is.

well- as far as real life crashes go-
a few of the folks here have gone thru a crash
some w/airbag deployments/some w/o the airbags.....

you had a 98 grand am...lol- i had the 95 grand am SE (with one airbag)
loved that car from the beginning up to the point that everything went wrong with it...after 4 years of no AC here in sunny florida i think i hit my breaking point and said- "ok-new car time"

·
Registered
75 Posts

well- as far as real life crashes go-
a few of the folks here have gone thru a crash
some w/airbag deployments/some w/o the airbags.....

you had a 98 grand am...lol- i had the 95 grand am SE (with one airbag)
loved that car from the beginning up to the point that everything went wrong with it...after 4 years of no AC here in sunny florida i think i hit my breaking point and said- "ok-new car time"
The car pretty much saved our lives last Saturday! At least saved us from broken bones etc... Head on collision and the bags blew before even feeling the crunch. Nothing but seat belt burn and a small bruise. Was VERY impressed by the safety of things that fateful night.
Will be buying another soon as insurance is done with the paperwork.
Thank you Kia!

Attachments

·
Registered
644 Posts
To add to the pics of crashed fortes I tboned a lady at 45 mph or so and all I had was a burn from the airbag , some bruising from the seatbelt, and a cut from where my hand slipped off the shifter and hit the AC knob

My family has condoned my getting another forte because of how well the car handled the crash.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts