Kia Forte Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
576 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have had my Forte for 4 weeks now and I love it. The only negative thing I could fine was that all 4 doors sounded very tinny even grabbing the door handle sounded like taking the top of a can of Coke. I bought and installed Dynamat to inside of the exterior panels of all 4 doors, what a difference it made, now the doors shut with a nice solid thud.
When I took the inner liner off the door there weren't any sound deadning material installed at all, which suprised me. I have since looked at a showroom new Kia forte and another Kia built in 2009, the doors all sound nice and solid. Somehow I think my car was suppose to have insulation but didn't happen.
Has anyone else notice tinny sounding doors ?

·
Premium Member
928 Posts
Yes
after-deadening.... NO!
The reason the car doors sound good in show rooms is likely due to the fact that all the reverberative surfaces in there help mask it. Outdoors the doors sound just as they do because there's nothing to reflect it back. I would also guess though that the one TSB early on for adding a 3M silcone between the outer skin and the impact beam has stiffened the panels if they added it to the production line.

TSB No. KT2009101602

·
Registered
576 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
When I removed door linnings on my car, I could see the round impact beam it had silicon foam in place. I have tested a Koup and other Forte models outside not in showroom, they all seemed a lot more solid than my car. So I'm guessing the Kia production line missed putting insulation on my car or they have since added it to the 2010 models

·
Registered
576 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hey ! My doors have the same problem too.. I have a 1.6L in Egypt.. Though I don't get what you mean by Dynamat, so how can I fix it ?
Dynamat is an insulation mat that you can apply to your car surfaces to stop noise and vibration. You can easily find it on E-Bay. Just Google Dynamat Introduction

·
Premium Member
928 Posts
You could also try...

Hey ! My doors have the same problem too.. I have a 1.6L in Egypt.. Though I don't get what you mean by Dynamat, so how can I fix it ?
Try using the contact form at Raamaudio.com . Rick has shipped lots of product over the years to the middle east, and Raatmat BXTII should do fine in your climate as well. It's also considerably cheaper!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts