Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

· Registered
2022 gt2
1,020 Posts
Damn !!!!!! Glad you are ok... car did it’s job keeping you safe.

Reactions: exhade1511

· Registered
'21 Forte FE 6-Speed
1,905 Posts
Wow that must have been quite the impact. Glad you're safe

· Registered
'21 Forte FE 6-Speed
1,905 Posts
It's probably safe to assume it's going to be totaled. What are you planning on replacing it with?

· Registered
'21 Forte FE 6-Speed
1,905 Posts
Thank you! Funds are a little low unfortunately, whatever I can get my hands on.
Bummer. Hopefully insurance gets you a sizeable payout

· Registered
2021 Forte GT w/GT2, Currant Red, Wagner-Tuning Intercooler, Evilla Exhaust, Takeda S1 Intake
6,814 Posts
That'll buff right out...:)

What hit you...a Mac Truck? o_O

· Registered
2017 Kia Forte LX
1,052 Posts
Man, that sucks. The thing is that you THINK you're okay for now. An impact like that could have done major damage to your neck and back. DO NOT sign anything with the other parties insurance company for a couple of months, if you can avoid it. Neck and back injuries can show up several weeks after an impact like that. Glad to know that you didn't get a broken neck or back. Are you in Alabama?

· Registered
113 Posts
You are likely to have some whiplash from this. Have you been checked out? General treatment usually involves anti inflammatory drugs and a muscle relaxer. Physical therapy may also be needed. The other persons insurance company should pay for all of this.

· Registered
2011 Forte EX sedan (R.I.P)
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Man, that sucks. The thing is that you THINK you're okay for now. An impact like that could have done major damage to your neck and back. DO NOT sign anything with the other parties insurance company for a couple of months, if you can avoid it. Neck and back injuries can show up several weeks after an impact like that. Glad to know that you didn't get a broken neck or back. Are you in Alabama?
Thanks for the info! Yes I am in Alabama.

· Registered
2011 Forte EX sedan (R.I.P)
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
You are likely to have some whiplash from this. Have you been checked out? General treatment usually involves anti inflammatory drugs and a muscle relaxer. Physical therapy may also be needed. The other persons insurance company should pay for all of this.
Yes, went straight to the hospital, they poked me a little bit and I got scans, no visible injuries. They gave me a prescription for pain meds and muscle relaxers.

· Registered
2023 Forte GT Manual Sporty Blue
343 Posts
Holy cow! Glad you’re ok. As said before, you are not replaceable.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts