Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here is what we know so far from New York:

Joining the Forte sedan and Forte Koup, the Five-Door will be available with either a 2.0l or a 2.4l engine and a six-speed manual or automatic transmission.

Kia didn’t release any specs for the new hatchback but the Forte’s 2.0l engine is rated at 156 hp and 144 ft-lb. of torque while the 2.4l Forte has 173 hp and 168 ft-lb.

Do you think Kia was a little to tight lipped on this release and should have given some more details? Kia didn't even unlock the doors to let anyone get a peek inside.

·
Registered
649 Posts
Isn't the Five Door one of many ?
YES -- You have the

Hyundai-- 2011 i30
Hyundai-- 2011 Elantra Touring
Kia -------2011 Cee'd
Kia------- 2011 5 Door hatchback

All built on the same body style....All different but the same..

·
Registered
425 Posts
I had a chance to see a red one in person, they look good in my opinion. The new grill is not too off from the current design and it looks to have similar storage to the sedan. I can't wait to drive one.

·
Registered
425 Posts
Where and when we need to know. :D
I pass Kia to and from work every day, I work in Irvine by John Wayne Airport and live in Lake Forest. The car was cruising down Jamboree Rd and I passed it slowly and got a good look at the inside while stopped at a light. Since I drive a Forte Sedan I know the length really well and it is comparable. So it will have similar cargo room if not a bit more. The interior look exactly the same.

·
Premium Member
1,020 Posts
I saw one on the street today in blue.

It reminds me of an A3.

When I saw it I'm like front looks familiar but it's different. Looks like a nice car.

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
saw story in paper today-
that kia is releasing the 5 door forte to beat out the ford fiesta 5dr........
gonna be interesting......

·
Registered
38 Posts
I doubt that's the 'reason' for the Forte 5 door,but if people look at both cars,I think the tiny Fiesta will go begging. Fuel mlg similar,but the Forte is much bigger,40 more HP/TQ,FIVE lug wheels,fully controllable 6-spd auto. Anyway,I like the looks of the 5 door so far.

·
Premium Member
187 Posts
They're different classes of cars. The Fiesta is a large-ish "B" class, and the Forte's a solid "C". I'd expect some overlap in the intended customers, and I'm sure they'll be cross-shopped a lot, but they aren't direct competitors.

I'd say the Toyota Matrix is more of a target than the Fiesta.

·
Registered
425 Posts
They're different classes of cars. The Fiesta is a large-ish "B" class, and the Forte's a solid "C". I'd expect some overlap in the intended customers, and I'm sure they'll be cross-shopped a lot, but they aren't direct competitors.

I'd say the Toyota Matrix is more of a target than the Fiesta.
I think a lot of people will cross shop the Matrix and Mazda 3. The Kia has the best value and of all the drive trains I will take the Kia Forte.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I'm thinking the paper meant the new Ford Focus. That's a truly comparable model. Does the fiesta even come in a 5 door? Those back doors must be tiny.

·
Premium Member
187 Posts
I'm thinking the paper meant the new Ford Focus. That's a truly comparable model. Does the fiesta even come in a 5 door? Those back doors must be tiny.
Yeah, the new Fiesta comes either as a 4 dr sedan or a 5 dr hatch. Nice car, actually, for the money, but kinda low on power. I think even a Fit can put the motor on it.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Yeah, the new Fiesta comes either as a 4 dr sedan or a 5 dr hatch. Nice car, actually, for the money, but kinda low on power. I think even a Fit can put the motor on it.
And low on space as well, my shorter co-worker went for a test drive and detested the amount of space (he's about 5-5). Somewhat gutless as well and the ride a tad harsh. He has a 2010 3 sedan and was generally not impressed by the Fiesta (unlike Clarkson...).

·
Registered
358 Posts
They should've done it turbo; but that is just me talking crazy.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts