Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so me and livesrecklessly have met up a couple times and took pictures but we both think that it would be awesome to get more koups/sedans in the picture. im not sure what everyones holiday schedule looks like and if you're going out of town but if you're available for December or early January, chime in and we'll get a little meet/photo shoot set up. im down for any day as i make my own work schedule so i can get it off. weekends better than week days? mornings better than evenings? put your 2 cents here and we can make this happen :) if you're aware of some cool places in the area for a ride and/or pictures let us know :)

the last time we took some photos, it got dark on us fast and they really didnt come out all too well. it seems to start getting dark around 5 and once 6 comes around, its darker than an M. Night shamalamanananan movie :rolleyes: so i would imagine a nooner meet would be best. anything before 5 for pictures at least :)

·
Registered
769 Posts
Ive changed my badges and wheelcaps and took my wheel inserts off for painting since this shoot, hopefully ill be getting the inserts painted and the pinstriping done within the next 2 weeks or so!

·
Registered
769 Posts
Having mods in progress doesnt stop me from doin a shoot either! lol

·
Premium Member
2,249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
there is a meet every thursday at academy at 9 pm.

there's also a meet at biff busby's or buff bizby's as well but idk much about it.

also, there is the bun n barrel meet every thursday too.

we could hit up one of those or just have our own.

·
Premium Member
646 Posts
Biff Buzby's is typically Friday nights after 7 pm.

I'm game for weekends. I don't like partying on school nights. I'm usually in bed by 9 pm, not looking to socialize all night.

·
Registered
769 Posts
Biffs sound like a good starting point for all of us? Im game.

·
Registered
769 Posts
I was even thinkin about tryin to start something up. Something legal that people gotta pay like $5 or $10 to show their cars off

·
Premium Member
2,249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
you would need to lease out an area or if you have land. other than that, it'd be hard to do something like that. and then you would then use the money gathered by the ppl that came and put it toward rent. BUT you risk nobody coming and you have to come up with it yourself.

·
Premium Member
646 Posts
In the summer, Biff Buzby's charges $5 for parking and a coupon good for $5 off your bill in their restaurant. They just want to make sure their parking is for their customers. They don't bother this time of year.

·
Premium Member
2,249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
well i say biffs is probably the best spot right now to gather. it might not be 100% in the middle of us in san antonio and austin but its close IMO. ive never been but i dont mind heading out for a meet up

·
Registered
161 Posts
I'm down. hopefully i'll have my inserts painted and my HID's and switchbacks in by then

·
Premium Member
2,249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
i am not going to be available to do the meet between the dates, dec. 13-17 because im getting the damages on the car taken care of. believe it or not, the total was $1085 :eek: so needless to say, thank god for insurance ;)

·
Registered
174 Posts
Ill be there. But it would definitely help my scheduling if there was a set date asap.

·
Premium Member
2,249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
lol ya i agree... The date of this meet is January 7. thats just under a month out and we'll just meet and greet and i guess eat if you want. this joint is the place the regulars usually meet on fridays at 7ish so there will def be more ppl to hang with and other cars as well. if before, you all want to meet up somewhere and cruise in all at once, that's fine but we need to coordinate that so everybody knows.

Google Maps

idk if anybody has ever been to the funny bone driving school at the la quinta(ive been 3 times :rolleyes: ) but its right there by the hotel and whataburger on 35 and toeperrwein. we'll meet there at 7PM.

if you have any questions or places to meet up at prior to biff's, pls just PM me. i doubt this thread will be up on the main screen much longer and it'll be easier for me to just message everyone. Dec 23 will be the final day to tinker, if you will, with the plans and whatever is decided on that day will be final :)

·
Registered
769 Posts
lol ya i agree... The date of this meet is January 7. thats just under a month out and we'll just meet and greet and i guess eat if you want. this joint is the place the regulars usually meet on fridays at 7ish so there will def be more ppl to hang with and other cars as well. if before, you all want to meet up somewhere and cruise in all at once, that's fine but we need to coordinate that so everybody knows.

Google Maps

idk if anybody has ever been to the funny bone driving school at the la quinta(ive been 3 times :rolleyes: ) but its right there by the hotel and whataburger on 35 and toeperrwein. we'll meet there at 7PM.

if you have any questions or places to meet up at prior to biff's, pls just PM me. i doubt this thread will be up on the main screen much longer and it'll be easier for me to just message everyone. Dec 23 will be the final day to tinker, if you will, with the plans and whatever is decided on that day will be final :)
Sweet man im down! Cant wait now! I should have my sick wheels done by then and maybe a couple other things

·
Registered
174 Posts
:(:(:(I wont be there:(:( My first day of work in NM is Jan 6.:(:mad::(:mad::mad::mad:( ten min. tantrum):cool::cool::cool: I was called a KIA pioneer today:D

·
Premium Member
2,249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
awwww shit... when do you have your next thursday or friday off? possible come down and do a minnie meet so you can do one. i'll be down and im sure LR010 will be down. hit up either the academy meet or biffs early. when's your next day off in the next couple of weeks? if it doesnt land on one of those days, we can just have our own little meet.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Tooo cool man, ill check my cal. in the morn.

1 - 20 of 53 Posts