Kia Forte Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,820 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok so i been looking online for the past hour or so and cant find any thing that would be a direct fit. anyone know what other car will have the same fit for 3+ more gauges for the side panel it will be very helpfull thanks.

·
Premium Member
928 Posts
Buy your gauges, bondo them to the A pillars, fiberglass, repeat ! LOL.. jokes.. but heck that's how most people do them.

·
Registered
298 Posts
Here is what I've done in the pass

Take the A pillar out, then get any Pod gauge holder. Use a heat gun on the backside only! and heat it up.
This will make it easier to bend

With it still hot (not too hot where it will melt) Place it firm on the A pillar and shape it to the contours and hold it until it cools. if you see some parts that still don't fit just re heat that part up only and hold it again

Now you have one that fits.

·
Registered
696 Posts
Wont an A pillar set up be a problem due to the curtain air bag
Only if the airbag deploys. :D But yeah, I was thinking the same thing...

·
Registered
298 Posts
Only if the airbag deploys. :D But yeah, I was thinking the same thing...

yep that would be an issue lol,

you could always replace where the clock is and make a pod holder?

I think gauges are only necessary when your running big upgrades like a turbo and such.... it's not need for just regular bolt-ons.

·
Premium Member
1,820 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
yep that would be an issue lol,

you could always replace where the clock is and make a pod holder?

I think gauges are only necessary when your running big upgrades like a turbo and such.... it's not need for just regular bolt-ons.
its funny you guys bring up the subject about turbo... ;) il leave you wondering :eek:

·
Premium Member
1,820 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Your hint seems more like a dead give away! Not much left to be wondered about...:p
i will get a turbo whistler from ebay with a boost gauge lol how about that

·
Premium Member
1,820 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
reviving anyone seen them around need a air fuel ratio reader or any pods that are a fit for the forte

·
Premium Member
1,820 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Anyone know if a 55mm will fit or 60mm a piller ??

·
Registered
973 Posts
I've been tryiong to figure otu where to put the gauges once I get the turbo kit too, I'm thinking of modifying where the clock is, which is where a couple people have put a gps
I have my gps on the bottom corner of the windshield, drivers side, with the cords ran through the a pillar, dropped down, the hidden under steering wheel area and up to the 12v source, so I dont have to worry about that anymore. I'm thinking a/f gauge, oil temp gauge, and boost gauge of course
and I assume you need yours for you n2o setup?
jealous of you running that, I'm too chickenshit to try nitrous lol, so I'll just have a relatively slow car til the turbo comes out

·
Registered
114 Posts
It's always nice to have wideband a/f, and since this car doesn't have a water temp gauge I'll be adding that as well.

I want to wait a few months and see how the internals hold up to boosted applications. I really want to do a small shot nitrous setup.

·
Registered
973 Posts
It's always nice to have wideband a/f, and since this car doesn't have a water temp gauge I'll be adding that as well.

I want to wait a few months and see how the internals hold up to boosted applications. I really want to do a small shot nitrous setup.
theres already some "field testing" being done on nitrous applications, crock89 and pharoah are both running n2o if I'm not mistaken
hopefulyl they'll chime in with how everythings running, and then we'll see in a couple more months how everythings held up
I think pharoah is running a 50 shot and crock is running 150 (!!!!!)

·
Registered
486 Posts
55 shot... so far so good. I am on my 4th bottle about 40 runs roughly and no knock or any signs of trouble. I am positive I am still running very rich and sure I can step up to the 75 shot with absolutely no trouble. I do however want to install a fuel pressure and a/f gauge before making that jump. Crock is just an animal and he is running or was running 100 last time we talked.

·
Registered
708 Posts
i hope crock has a wideband or is using a wet shot (i think he is but i dont remember) cuz though you guys run super rich stock.. a 150 shot dry or even a 100 dry shot would be making you go lean i'm sure

1 - 20 of 30 Posts