Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Here’s the GT on a friends dyno at hyperfest this past weekend!
It made 244hp and 263tq.

If you check out some of my other videos there are some pretty cool ones from the burnout competition! And the 4wheeler we dyno’d 😂

And if you’d like to see more cars on the dyno you can check out his YouTube page “dyno on the go”!

·
Registered
251 Posts

Here’s the GT on a friends dyno at hyperfest this past weekend!
It made 244hp and 263tq.

If you check out some of my other videos there are some pretty cool ones from the burnout competition! And the 4wheeler we dyno’d 😂

And if you’d like to see more cars on the dyno you can check out his YouTube page “dyno on the go”!
To the ground? That’s impressive.. how does it perform as a driver ? What have you done to it?

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
To the ground? That’s impressive.. how does it perform as a driver ? What have you done to it?
It’s definitely a fun, quick car! Not the fastest out there but it’s a blast to drive and it has upset a few locals that claim to be fast.
So far just a jb4 on e30, intake, hot pipe, and straight piped after the 2nd cat. 2nd cat may go soon.
Soon we’ll start reducing weight and start stiffening the chassis.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
How much boost are you at? Trying to ballpark what I might be making... Thanks!
Each map is preset to make a certain psi over stock so it would depend on what map you’re running.

It would also come down to how much boost the ecu is making at any given time depending on altitude, ambient temps, IATs, etc.

You can expect to see psi holding around 20+psi and spikes much higher.. I’ve seen a 29.1 psi spike one morning and thought the car was going to the moon LOL
I’m sure this little turbo can only handle so much for so long tho... idk

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Rectangle Slope Font Parallel Pattern

Sorry for the very, very poor drawing, I’ll just umm, lie and say my 2yr old done it for me. 😂
But there you can see what the ecu psi is, the target psi over stock for map 4 and 5 are up to 7 psi over stock, and the boost is what the car is doing.

·
Registered
2021 Forte GT DCT Black
104 Posts
View attachment 87288
Sorry for the very, very poor drawing, I’ll just umm, lie and say my 2yr old done it for me. 😂
But there you can see what the ecu psi is, the target psi over stock for map 4 and 5 are up to 7 psi over stock, and the boost is what the car is doing.
I have a N75 tune and it holds 24 PSI across the curve, sometimes if it’s hot and dank out here it’ll go down just under 23.5. If it’s cold I’ll see higher like you mentioned, but generally low in the RPMs. These Gamma engines just on the fly advance the timing down low to prevent pre detonation down low and you’re down low for a second with the DCT. What I find most amazing is I’m never in Vac, never more than a 1/4 PSI. When I used to run a bridge ported 13B in my FD with TO4S and I’d have to overcome a good 15-20 PSI of Vac but that was short lived as it spoiled quickly to 15-19 PSI (depending on what I set my boost to). The twin scroll on this little Gamma is way quicker! Definitely the most fun I’ve had in a cheap FWD.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Oh absolutely! The cars are a blast!

I may bite the bullet before long and go ahead with an ecu/tcu tune but I’ve got a few other priorities in line first.. so it’s definitely a little ways back on the list.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts