Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Forte GT- Currant Red - GT2 Package - Ambien Lights
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally, MotorAmbar (Kia Distributor in PR) decided to bring the GT to Puerto Rico.

Noticias - KIA Puerto Rico (kianoticias.com) (In spanish)

But ... check the starting price: $29,995: no GT2 package nor other options.

Those of you who know my struggles to bring my GT/GT2 new from Florida will understand why I am somehow happy. But not with the price. The base price in the US is $23,490. One big part of the price is the taxes. But I still got mine with GT2 and other options for that price. Yes, I had to spend a lot of my time going through the loops, and I got to wait 6 months of negotiation. BTW, the car was at the dealer, not an order for a new car that wasn't there.

Just for fun, I will go to a local dealer to see how much will cost the new 2022 GT/GT2 and some other options. :giggle:

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Congratulations. Hard fought battle.

Interested to see what the dealer says. My local Kia dealer in Kansas City is advertising a 2021 LXS with 2,500 miles for $30,000.

We live in crazy times.
Wow, that's really crazy.

These classified ads, which one can bargain and lower the price, but still ...

I presume this is with the GT2 Package:
Automotive parking light Tire Wheel Vehicle Car

The least expensive and I presume is the plain GT withouth options.
Automotive parking light Wheel Car Tire Vehicle

And check this out. It has been for sale for almost a year, and it seems like nobody is ready to pay $30 for a used car. It is not even a GT.
Automotive parking light Car Tire Wheel Motor vehicle

I believe I can sell mine for $30K a year later and recover what I paid for it. But, I must be willing to pay the new prices and higher loan interests. Anyway, I am planning to replace mine in 2023 or 2024. That's why I'm concerned that Kia pull the plug on the Forte GT. Indeed these are crazy times. :eek:

·
Registered
2021 Forte GT w/GT2, Currant Red, SXTH Element Intercooler Kit, Evilla Exhaust, Takeda S2 Intake
5,410 Posts
I'm tempted to put my GT up for sale at those prices! But sanity prevails...because i know in order to replace it with something else I'd have to pay more too!

Reactions: ZiggyM5

·
Registered
2022 Kia Forte LXS Fire Orange
195 Posts
I saw the same jump in prices for fuel efficient cars after the first oil embargo in 1973. At first, people continued to buy the large Galaxie 500s and Impalas thinking the high fuel prices would pass. Almost a year into the new reality a mass culture shift occured and there was panic buying in scares small cars. I think that's what we are seeing now.

·
Registered
2022 Kia Forte LXS Fire Orange
195 Posts
Did a quick survey of my local dealerships. Fuel efficient cars, new and used, are thin to non existent on the ground. My local Hyundai dealership has a waiting list for Elantras that haven't yet been built. The VW store no longer has waiting lists for Jettas as they don't want to disappoint too many people.

I can, however, take you to my local Dodge store where they have acres of RAM pickups for you. Curiously, no rebates. Hope springs eternal.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I'm tempted to put my GT up for sale at those prices! But sanity prevails...because i know in order to replace it with something else I'd have to pay more too!
Yeap, exactly my point. With such prices, one can get back what was paid and settle for a free car for a year.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts