Kia Forte Forum banner

41 - 60 of 96 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Kia Forte GT Manual
50 Posts
Wagoner told me from wagoner tuning they called me they weren't sure. However it seems like the guys in CA are sure it fits our vehicle. I told them I would be happy to test or get discount lol. Let them know who was selling their FMIC for the forte gt.

·
Registered
344 Posts
Wagoner told me from wagoner tuning they called me they weren't sure. However it seems like the guys in CA are sure it fits our vehicle. I told them I would be happy to test or get discount lol. Let them know who was selling their FMIC for the forte gt.
The Wagner fits, there alrdy someone in the GT FB running it.

·
Registered
2020 Kia Forte GT Manual
50 Posts
Ok but obviously wagoner didn't know. lol when I asked them what would fit on a question form for them. They called me and told me they didn't know. So I find it funny.

·
Registered
344 Posts
Ok but obviously wagoner didn't know. lol when I asked them what would fit on a question form for them. They called me and told me they didn't know. So I find it funny.
Of course the company is not going to give you a straight answer because the pro creed is their country's model with differences like front bumper, crash bar ect.. They dont have access to our U.S., Australian models, and those that share our front bumpers style models to give you a 100% yes. There is a video of them installing it watch it.

·
Registered
2,495 Posts
I want to keep this post active...Is there anyone on here that has an aftermarket Intercooler installed? What IATs are they seeing with the larger intercooler? I wonder if airflow through the radiator and fan shroud is preventing full cooling?

·
Registered
344 Posts
I want to keep this post active...Is there anyone on here that has an aftermarket Intercooler installed? What IATs are they seeing with the larger intercooler? I wonder if airflow through the radiator and fan shroud is preventing full cooling?
Probably wont find alot of answers here compared to the FB GT group page where several + have alrdy done IC changes. Our IC sits below the radiator.

·
Registered
2,495 Posts
Probably wont find alot of answers here compared to the FB GT group page where several + have alrdy done IC changes. Our IC sits below the radiator.
Can you check the FB posts for information on this - or ask them this question about the IATs with an aftermarket intercooler?

·
Registered
41 Posts
I could of just posted that lol. This and the SXTH are the ones I need to make up my mind on lol.

I am in the same spot, I really like that Wagner went with the divided IC but SXTH has fit very nice for all other parts and they give a new pipe with bov flange as part of their kit.

I will put one in when I put in my Vellosa just a matter of which one I order now.

·
Registered
344 Posts
I really like the Wagner IC. Im still waiting for a U.S GT to get it on. So far the Pro creed and AUS GT has the Wagner on. Reason why i say this, that in other countries the crash bars size can be different.

·
Registered
2,495 Posts
I have an ACTRON AutoScanner CP9180, it's old and hasn't been updated in years but it is reading the IATs on my 2021 GT. I drove around after installing my SXTH Element Intercooler kit and observed the following:

35MPH; 73-74° Ambient; IAT 98-100°
60 MPH; 73-74° Ambient; IAT 95-96°
Stopping at a light after driving 45MPH the IAT stayed at 100° (Ambient 73°) for about 10 seconds then began to climb. Got up to 120° before the light changed. As soon as I got going the temps came down quickly.
Sitting in the garage idling after a 6 mile trip the IATs got up to 127°

While driving I didn't use AC and the fan never kicked on so there was no air flow from the fan while stopped.

SXTH Element IC installed:
IMG_0374.JPG

·
Registered
2020 Kia Forte GT Manual
50 Posts
Going to take pics of my IATS today in hot arizona lol. Compare and contrast on your IAT so far mine are cooler and same speeds. But I do run a velossa BM.

·
Registered
2020 Kia Forte GT Manual
50 Posts
But as soon as it gets really hot summer temps run up I still may try to get an intercooler or try to make a spray kit lol.

·
Registered
221 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
I really like the Wagner IC. Im still waiting for a U.S GT to get it on. So far the Pro creed and AUS GT has the Wagner on. Reason why i say this, that in other countries the crash bars size can be different.
I looked at the Wagner ic at tx2k this weekend it is a solid unit. The guys there said it was a perfect fit.

·
Registered
2,495 Posts
I looked at the Wagner ic at tx2k this weekend it is a solid unit. The guys there said it was a perfect fit.
Here are the differences:
factory sxth wagner.jpg

Does the Wagner intercooler come with larger diameter hot and cold pipes like the SXTH Element intercooler does? What size are the inlet and outlet tubes on the Wagner intercooler - 2" or 2.5"? SXTH is 2.5". Factory is less then 2".

41 - 60 of 96 Posts