Kia Forte Forum banner

61 - 80 of 96 Posts

·
Registered
344 Posts
Here are the differences:
View attachment 82026

Does the Wagner intercooler come with larger diameter hot and cold pipes like the SXTH Element intercooler does? What size are the inlet and outlet tubes on the Wagner intercooler - 2" or 2.5"? SXTH is 2.5". Factory is less then 2".
Doesn't come with bigger pipes. Inlet and outlet is 2.5...

·
Registered
2,496 Posts
When is the Wagner be available? also what pipe option do I have if I want to get a standard mount BOV?
Comp. Ladeluftkühler Kit Kia (Pro)Ceéd Forte Hyundai Elantra Veloster | wagner-tuning.com (wagner-tuning.com)

Like the SXTH Element Intercooler the Wagner IC is unavailable (out of stock)...you can ask to be notified when they are available again.

Front Mount Intercooler Kit for Elantra Sport & 2nd Gen Veloster Turbo (sxthelement.com)

Not quite sure of your question on the BOV.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Comp. Ladeluftkühler Kit Kia (Pro)Ceéd Forte Hyundai Elantra Veloster | wagner-tuning.com (wagner-tuning.com)

Like the SXTH Element Intercooler the Wagner IC is unavailable (out of stock)...you can ask to be notified when they are available again.

Front Mount Intercooler Kit for Elantra Sport & 2nd Gen Veloster Turbo (sxthelement.com)

Not quite sure of your question on the BOV.
The SXTH kit looks like it comes with the pipe for the BOV. I don't see one from Wagner.

·
Registered
2,496 Posts
FYI:

SXTH Intercooler Kit Parts.jpg

The Wagner Tuning Intercooler is just the Intercooler, 2 elbows, and air dam. You continue to use your factory cold and hot pipes. If you want to use SXTH's AV6 BOV it will fit on the factory cold pipe.

Wagner Tuning.jpg

·
Registered
2,496 Posts
Also FYI:

Pipe comparison..jpg

Pictured on the left is the comparison of the factory cold pipe and the SXTH Cold pipe (top goes to throttle body bottom goes to intercooler. One important thing to note is that the factory RCV (BOV) is positioned upside down on the SXTH cold pipe so you can't hook up your hose from the RCV (BOV) to the intake.

If you notice the pipes are not bent the same - you are right! They are not bent the same - this is due to the factory intercooler outlet being turned in while the SXTH intercooler outlet is straight.

IMG_0368.JPG

·
Registered
44 Posts
Are there aftermarket BOV pipe? I didn't find one on SXTH's site. i do see the hot pipe pipe.

I have an old HKS BOV that was in another car that is now extra piece. I can use that for the Forte GT if someone can direct me to an aftermarket pipe

·
Registered
2,496 Posts
Are there aftermarket BOV pipe? I didn't find one on SXTH's site. i do see the hot pipe pipe.

I have an old HKS BOV that was in another car that is now extra piece. I can use that for the Forte GT if someone can direct me to an aftermarket pipe
The cold pipe is what the RCV/BOV is positioned on. SXTH does sell the cold pipe separately - I bought another one to modify it - you have to call them.

·
Registered
2020 Kia Forte GT Manual
50 Posts
I mean yeah I got another few weeks of extra work I need to do to pay on the cc and other bills. But excited to get intercooler from n75motorsports.ca

·
Registered
2020 Kia Forte GT Manual
50 Posts
Of Course loads since I'm in AZ and its hot and I consistently get high IATS. Again only place and great customer service compared to Wagner's actual site is n75motorsports.ca. Yes I know they are in Canada But Daniel Cisalowicz provides great customer support. Main sales manager I believe. Anyways he's on Facebook messenger if ya have any questions. He may throw a discount may not. Threw me 10 bucks off my order because of shipping being high.

·
Registered
2,496 Posts
Of Course loads since I'm in AZ and its hot and I consistently get high IATS. Again only place and great customer service compared to Wagner's actual site is n75motorsports.ca. Yes I know they are in Canada But Daniel Cisalowicz provides great customer support. Main sales manager I believe. Anyways he's on Facebook messenger if ya have any questions. He may throw a discount may not. Threw me 10 bucks off my order because of shipping being high.
Do you have GT2 on your Forte GT?

If yes - you'll have to remove the bumper impact bar to get the new IC in. If no - the IC should fit right in without having to take off the impact bar.

IMG_0374.JPG

Bumper Impact Bar.jpg

After looking at my pictures again...you MAY have to remove the impact bar even without GT2 because the Wagner IC is taller then the SXTH IC - the Wagner IC has three more passageways in their IC!

·
Registered
2,496 Posts
2020 Forte GT is what I got not sure if thats a bad thing lol.
GT2 is a package on the Forte GT - do you have smart cruise and lane assist?

Does it have the rectangular box in the center of the lower grille?

Bling 2.jpg

·
Registered
2,496 Posts
We established that you don't have the GT2 package... I think you will still have to remove the bumper impact bar because of the size of the Wagner IC.

To remove the Impact bar - there are 4 12MM bolts and 1 10MM nut on each side, in addition you'll need to remove 4 wire loom retainers, the wire to the temp sensor and the wire to the smart cruise sensor.

When reinstalling the Bumper Impact Bar you'll find the radiator support moves! Make sure to line up the Impact bar and reinstall the bolts by realigning them with the bolt-head marks on the Impact bar.

·
Registered
221 Posts
We established that you don't have the GT2 package... I think you will still have to remove the bumper impact bar because of the size of the Wagner IC.

To remove the Impact bar - there are 4 12MM bolts and 1 10MM nut on each side, in addition you'll need to remove 4 wire loom retainers, the wire to the temp sensor and the wire to the smart cruise sensor.

When reinstalling the Bumper Impact Bar you'll find the radiator support moves! Make sure to line up the Impact bar and reinstall the bolts by realigning them with the bolt-head marks on the Impact bar.
Just watch the video on Wagner's website. They install it on a Pro-ceed GT same vehicle as the Forte GT Hatchback they sell in Canada.

61 - 80 of 96 Posts