Kia Forte Forum banner

81 - 96 of 96 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Kia Forte GT Manual
50 Posts
I didn't have anything sharp enough man. So no I just decided to leave them off. You can do it if ya want when you get this intercooler or whatever your going to do. Me however it was frustrating trying to leave those things on. I just wanted to get done with it.

·
Registered
2,496 Posts
IAT with SXTH intercooler kit @ 55MPH cruise, with OBDLink LX and android tablet:

IATs.jpg

27 degrees F difference.

At 35MPH the IAT dropped to 100-102 F.

Sitting at a light for more then 10 seconds the IAT got up to 124F and, after accelerating, by the time you got to the other side of the intersection the IAT dropped considerably.

I just recently got the OBDLink LX so I didn't get a baseline before installing the SXTH Element intercooler kit.

Next chance I get I want to see what the IAT is under WOT - will the air have time to get heated by the turbo, will the intercooler have time to cool the air, or will the air rushing through both quickly even have time to heat up or get cooled down?

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #89 ·
IAT with SXTH intercooler kit @ 55MPH cruise, with OBDLink LX and android tablet:

View attachment 82453

27 degrees F difference.

At 35MPH the IAT dropped to 100-102 F.

Sitting at a light for more then 10 seconds the IAT got up to 124F and, after accelerating, by the time you got to the other side of the intersection the IAT dropped considerably.

I just recently got the OBDLink LX so I didn't get a baseline before installing the SXTH Element intercooler kit.

Next chance I get I want to see what the IAT is under WOT - will the air have time to get heated by the turbo, will the intercooler have time to cool the air, or will the air rushing through both quickly even have time to heat up or get cooled down?
So wait. With the IC installed, the IAT's are still about 20-25F above ambient while cruising?
For me, 20-25F is where it usually ranges when cruising,

·
Registered
2,496 Posts
Researching IATs is elusive to say the least. From what little I can gather doing on-line research 20-25 F above ambient is good. In some (non-Kia) forums people are posting as much as 40 F above ambient.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #91 ·
Researching IATs is elusive to say the least. From what little I can gather doing on-line research 20-25 F above ambient is good. In some (non-Kia) forums people are posting as much as 40 F above ambient.
Gotcha. I originally got curious/ worried bc in my previous car, it came standard with gauges that showed boost, IAT's, A/F, charge temps, etc, while cruising the IAT's would be 2-3F above ambient at most. So yeah... (y)

·
Registered
2020 Kia Forte GT Manual
50 Posts
Yeah had it on wrong but yeah still got some decent power with this fmic. Now cooler temps I don't know cruising freeway ambien 100 my iat 120 last night. This morning 78 degrees ambient getting 89 degrees driving freeway.

81 - 96 of 96 Posts