Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We've had some very cold temperatures in the last couple days. We've had snow and temps that dipped down to -10. This morning, as I drove away from my house (and it was -7 degrees), the back window was rattling so loudly that I was afraid it was going to break.
As the car warmed up, the rattling stopped.
Has anyone seen this behavior in their Forte?
I hesitate to take my car to the dealership because they will tell me it is fine and to bring it in when the problem is happening (past experience)... I am guessing it may be due to the rubber seal around the rear window being hardened by the cold?? Maybe?

·
Registered
444 Posts
Clear any ice off you rear window and trunk lid! I had the same problem till I realized it was the ice. It could possibly be your rear dash though. Plastic shrinks in the cold which leaves a little more room for vibration. Check both.

·
Registered
2021 Forte GT w/GT2, Currant Red, SXTH Element Intercooler Kit, Evilla Exhaust, Takeda S2 Intake
5,410 Posts
I don't think any brand of car will be "rattle-less" at -10 -- I'm surprised you only had ONE rattle to complain about...if you don't want to hear rattles get a sled...and some dogs...LoL!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.