Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We've had some very cold temperatures in the last couple days. We've had snow and temps that dipped down to -10. This morning, as I drove away from my house (and it was -7 degrees), the back window was rattling so loudly that I was afraid it was going to break.
As the car warmed up, the rattling stopped.
Has anyone seen this behavior in their Forte?
I hesitate to take my car to the dealership because they will tell me it is fine and to bring it in when the problem is happening (past experience)... I am guessing it may be due to the rubber seal around the rear window being hardened by the cold?? Maybe?

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
I have no noise what so ever in extreme cold days on my EX. Suspension is hard as a rock for a bit but thats it.

·
Registered
444 Posts
Clear any ice off you rear window and trunk lid! I had the same problem till I realized it was the ice. It could possibly be your rear dash though. Plastic shrinks in the cold which leaves a little more room for vibration. Check both.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Pop the trunk and check the channel in between the body line and weather stripping. Little bits of ice sit there and rattle back and forth since they can't go anywhere.

·
Registered
2021 Forte GT w/GT2, Currant Red, SXTH Element Intercooler Kit, Evilla Exhaust, Takeda S2 Intake
3,851 Posts
I don't think any brand of car will be "rattle-less" at -10 -- I'm surprised you only had ONE rattle to complain about...if you don't want to hear rattles get a sled...and some dogs...LoL!

·
Registered
288 Posts
Actually in my old car it would get quieter during the winter! A friend figured the cold was making everything tight. :D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts