Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Not that good in the snow. I didn't dare take it out in the 16" of fresh powder we got just the other day as my wife's 21 k5 gt-line got stuck 3 different times with snow tires on it. 1st time in any storm she's gotten stuck as we have had those tires 3 years now. Came off the 19 Optima we had. Tread is still really good as well as we only have them on the car for 3/4 months at a time.

I definitely don't feel very confident in the factory Kuhmo's though. I have the S version with the 17's and does ok in a dusting, but anything more and leaves a lot to be desired. Makes me really miss my AWD Fusion which was amazing in the winter and it was twin turbo on all-season tires, lol!

In the end just have to go slower and pay attention. Be safe everyone!

·
Registered
14 Posts
I have the OEM Kuhmo tires and I have to say they aren’t bad in the snow. Had a couple inches and didn’t slide once, or even spin the tires. I was driving slow but compared to my Elantra I had for years, this car is light years better.
You do realize that the Elantra is the same exact vehicle, right? Just different bodies on same chassis and a little different interior. They own kia now. A lot of newer elantra's actually roll out with better tires. Friend has a 21 and had Michelin's on it from the factory. I like the look of the Forte's better, but light years is highly subjective considering they think of Kia's second hand. My Kia payment goes to Hyundai.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Yes I realize that they are the same. However it was a 2013 Elantra and the ass end of that car would bounce around all over the place. Much better quality nowadays obviously. Just my observation.
Yeah they have come a long way, because Hyundai bought them. They have IIRC an engineer from Audi that came over around then. I can see the influence since then.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.