Kia Forte Forum banner
21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Not that good in the snow. I didn't dare take it out in the 16" of fresh powder we got just the other day as my wife's 21 k5 gt-line got stuck 3 different times with snow tires on it. 1st time in any storm she's gotten stuck as we have had those tires 3 years now. Came off the 19 Optima we had. Tread is still really good as well as we only have them on the car for 3/4 months at a time.

I definitely don't feel very confident in the factory Kuhmo's though. I have the S version with the 17's and does ok in a dusting, but anything more and leaves a lot to be desired. Makes me really miss my AWD Fusion which was amazing in the winter and it was twin turbo on all-season tires, lol!

In the end just have to go slower and pay attention. Be safe everyone!

·
Premium Member
2022 Forte GT Manual
62 Posts
I have the OEM Kuhmo tires and I have to say they aren’t bad in the snow. Had a couple inches and didn’t slide once, or even spin the tires. I was driving slow but compared to my Elantra I had for years, this car is light years better.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I have the OEM Kuhmo tires and I have to say they aren’t bad in the snow. Had a couple inches and didn’t slide once, or even spin the tires. I was driving slow but compared to my Elantra I had for years, this car is light years better.
You do realize that the Elantra is the same exact vehicle, right? Just different bodies on same chassis and a little different interior. They own kia now. A lot of newer elantra's actually roll out with better tires. Friend has a 21 and had Michelin's on it from the factory. I like the look of the Forte's better, but light years is highly subjective considering they think of Kia's second hand. My Kia payment goes to Hyundai.

·
Registered
'21 Forte FE 6-Speed
812 Posts
Original Khumos aren’t great. I got a set of Continental VikingContact 7s for it, and it’s unstoppable in the snow now. Put my Land Rover on beefy all terrains away for the winter because the Forte is so good.

·
Premium Member
2022 Forte GT Manual
62 Posts
You do realize that the Elantra is the same exact vehicle, right? Just different bodies on same chassis and a little different interior. They own kia now. A lot of newer elantra's actually roll out with better tires. Friend has a 21 and had Michelin's on it from the factory. I like the look of the Forte's better, but light years is highly subjective considering they think of Kia's second hand. My Kia payment goes to Hyundai.
Yes I realize that they are the same. However it was a 2013 Elantra and the ass end of that car would bounce around all over the place. Much better quality nowadays obviously. Just my observation.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Yes I realize that they are the same. However it was a 2013 Elantra and the ass end of that car would bounce around all over the place. Much better quality nowadays obviously. Just my observation.
Yeah they have come a long way, because Hyundai bought them. They have IIRC an engineer from Audi that came over around then. I can see the influence since then.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts