Kia Forte Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Premium Member
704 Posts
I also agree, get the Turbokits one.

And if you can wait a little longer, the Canuck Buck will soon be worth more than the American dollar and you'll get it at a better deal! :D

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
Way too much for a short ram intake. Get the TurboKits for a few bucks more and better performance.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I am just about to order from Turbokits but wondering what kind of duty I will get hit with when shipping into Canada. Anyone have any idea, kind of new to this.

Thanks

·
Premium Member
976 Posts
I am just about to order from Turbokits but wondering what kind of duty I will get hit with when shipping into Canada. Anyone have any idea, kind of new to this.

Thanks
Just make sure that TurboKit ship it to you via USPS (not UPS) and you'll be just find: no broker/duty/tx. And best of all USPS is not much more expensive!

BTW nice color ;-)

·
Premium Member
982 Posts
Yea don't get their intake... not that much "engineering" was put into that intake.. how do I know? I was one of their first test subjects and they scratched the inner diameter of my TB :mad: , never went back to them again... They were just testing random pipes to see what fits and looks good rather than actual performance, they don't even have a mount for the ECU... If you wanted a definition of grease monkeys, it would be them...

Turbo kit's design seems a lot better...

·
Registered
459 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Way too much for a short ram intake. Get the TurboKits for a few bucks more and better performance.
If you go Turbokits, wrap it with exhaust wrap for best results. (not recommended for really cold winters.)
The hoses that touch this cold air intake would rob some power.

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
TurboKits mentioned that they will be making a bracket to lift the hose off of the intake tubing. It was only the top rad hose that touched it.

·
Premium Member
654 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I'm not sure if I want to get the TurboKits CAI because I don't like how it tucks into the fender. I prefer to see the intake/filter itself (looks better to me). I'll most likely just wait until aFe or K&N make one for the 2.4L.

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
I haven't tried checking the intake tube temperature after driving around for abit. Something I'll check soon.

You will be hard pressed to find a good performing CAI that you can see the filter and tube since if the filter is visible it is probably near the engine heat. You could relocate the battery to the trunk or something and take out the brackets for it in the front which would give you visibility of the filter since it sits right below the battery.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts