Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i am wanting to get the Forte Koup SX with leather. Should i get a New or Used 2010? Or should I go for the New 2011? is it worth it? 2011 owners?

·
Registered
204 Posts
If it were me I'd get the 2011. It probably has some improvements or fixes to problems from the first year. If you're looking at auto transmission, then I believe that 2011 has a six speed with flappy paddles. If you're going manual trans then it doesn't matter.

You ask if it's worth it? Have you driven one yet? You have to decide if it's worth it.

·
Registered
120 Posts
If you're in Canada, then you get a 6sp manual instead of the 5sp. Plus there are various improvements like advanced front air bags, solar glass, fog lights, new interior center console, and some hsv (harshness, shock, vibration) improvements. There are some other tweaks but I can't remember them all. We should make a detailed list of the main differences between the 2010 and 2011 models both for the US and Canada models.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i am in texas. I found a used 2010 forte koup sx for 16k. but remote keyless entry... pretty enticing.

·
Registered
201 Posts
I'd go with the new model (11) There are many improvements over the introductory '10 and hopefully all of the bugs are worked out. Cost between model years probably isn't that much either. I wanted to wait for the '11 model, but I took advantage of them trying to move out their '10 stock and got a pretty good deal for the area I'm in.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Does anyone have a list or link where i can find a list of differences between the 2010 and 2011?
I decided against the leather and push button start.
Probably just between the koup ex 2010, or ex 2011.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts