Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've just come back from the dealership after talking price for the Forte Koup EX (base model, automatic trans, no sunroof). I have done lots of research and recieved a report from carquotes.ca which I based my offer on. I was denied and ended up walking out sans car. The dealer told me my prices were way off and flat out wrong. I tend to think they just hit a bit too close to home. I would be interested in hearing from others (preferably Canadians for canadian pricing) on actual dealer costs for the forte koup ex base model.

Here's my breakdown based on the dealer costs I have:

Invoice base: $16,758
Automatic Transmission: $1093
Metallic Paint: $106
AC tax: $100
Freight: $1455
Current KIA rebate if financing at 0% for 48 months: $750
Subtotal: $18,762
13% HST: $2,439.06
Total: $21,201.06

I agreed to pay this plus an additional $500 for the dealer, for a total of $21,701.06

Dealer said I was off by around $1700 but wouldn't actually commit to that figure or provide me with a firm counter offer because it was so far off of my offer.

Any thoughts?

·
Registered
511 Posts
I don't have anything to say that is directly applicable as I bought a SX Koup with automatic back in March, but maybe you can compare.

I paid $26000 all in, out the door - and I somehow feel I paid about $500 too much but who knows. That was a cash deal and there was a $1000 discount in effect at that time.

Whereabouts are you? Do you have multiple dealers you can get to and approach with the same offer? Walking out was good, you will no doubt hear back from them.

You might also want to wait for the 2011's. They are only a month or so away and have worthwhile improvements. Those improvements are listed in another thread on this site. For example: 2010 EX has 4 speed auto, SX has 5 speed auto, all 2011's have 6 speed autos.

Here it is:
http://www.forteforums.com/forums/canada/2381-2011-canadian-koup-specs.html

·
Registered
51 Posts
sounds just right.. bought my ex (with everything you said + sunroof + protection plan) at $23Kish. bought it last december, so there were some deals. gave me $1500 off. pretty good i'd say. but your price sounds right like i said.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts