Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The official Kia Motors website says that the gas tank in the 2.4 SX (my car) is 13.7 gallons. This cannot be possible, because no matter how much I fill the tank, I can't even squeeze 200 miles out of it. Most I've ever gotten out of a complete fill-up was 192 miles, and that was only after I literally squeezed so much extra gas into the tank that it was pouring out of the side. So, my question is, is the tank really that small, or is it another problem like the spark plugs? Or the sensor? Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well I know that overfilling could actually have negative effects, that's why I only did it once. But I never let the gas run down all the way. I have no idea why I'm getting such mad mileage, I don't leadfoot. I hardly even depress the pedal. Last time I filled, it said I put in about 11 gallons, but it sure didn't feel like it, because I pressed the TRIP button to see how many miles to empty, and once again it said 192. As I began driving, not even a couple minutes went by before the number started gradually dropping. And it always does that. I don't understand why. I have a Magnaflow muffler and an intake in the car, BUT that couldn't even really be it, because even before I put those things in the gas mileage was still acting up. I've never gotten anything even remotely close to 300 miles out of a tank. The TRIP claims I'm getting anywhere from 16 to 26 MPG everyday, and it literally fluctuates like it's nothing. I'm thinking this is a deeper problem.

By the way, it's a 2.4 SX, and I've LONG since stopped driving tiptronic.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.