Kia Forte Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know where/how I can change the corner reflectors in my koup's headlights from the stock amber just like in these pics???

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
well im having trouble loading the pics......

but I want to swap out the stock amber reflectors to clear ones.

·
Registered
320 Posts
Another Aussie member said his lights use H7 bulbs, where ours are H11B.

·
Registered
696 Posts
Does anyone know where/how I can change the corner reflectors in my koup's headlights from the stock amber just like in these pics???
Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe the only way to swap out the reflectors is to bake the headlights and pry them apart in order to get in there. I want to do this as well, but am reluctant to put my headlights in an oven, then try to reseal them myself. However, if you do it, it'd be a great time to paint the inside black as well...

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
if thats the only way to change it out that is gonna be difficult then I assume. So I'm guessing there is no other way?? Btw Rpps your aussie forte is sweet and that is how I want my headlights to look exactly!!!

·
Premium Member
704 Posts
Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe the only way to swap out the reflectors is to bake the headlights and pry them apart in order to get in there.
Yes I believe this is the only way to access the reflectors. When my spare set of headlights show up, I will document the process of taking them apart to access the reflector (among other mods). I have done this sucessfully before with the headlights on my '95 Dodge Avenger, but don't hold your breath, it's getting busy around here.:D

·
Premium Member
2,601 Posts
Rpps, next time you're at your dealer for a service do you think you could ask the parts department if the silver reflector in the headlight is available for order by itself instead of having to order the whole headlight?

I'm curious as of how expensive it would be for me to get one because we don't have those in the states.

·
Registered
248 Posts
anybody aware of front signal bulb laws as far as colour goes? is it legal to remove the amber reflector? i know you can swap a white a LED for a signal, but is that legal(in ontario)?

·
Registered
2,470 Posts
anybody aware of front signal bulb laws as far as colour goes? is it legal to remove the amber reflector? i know you can swap a white a LED for a signal, but is that legal(in ontario)?
You can use a Silvania Silverstar (I think that's what it is called) bulb. Looks silver with a blue hue but turns yellow when you turn it on. I used them in my Cobalt years ago to get rid of the yellow lens and bulb.

·
Registered
519 Posts
you could just wait a little while longer for the aftermarket to take off... im sure just like any other vehicle they will make affordable projector headlights and diff headlights without amber side marker... theres a thread on some company who said they were in the process of making stuff for the forte currently... so if u dont wanna bake em just give it a couple more months... Id say by July next yr the aftermarket market will be booming for these cars

·
Registered
18 Posts
Rpps, next time you're at your dealer for a service do you think you could ask the parts department if the silver reflector in the headlight is available for order by itself instead of having to order the whole headlight?

I'm curious as of how expensive it would be for me to get one because we don't have those in the states.
They aren't available through parts unfortunately :/

·
Registered
1,315 Posts

Just google ontario highway traffic laws...If i recall the reflector must be there. That was my interpretation any ways.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts