Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Everyone,
This is my second post and as anyone who read my other post knows I am considering getting a Forte Koup. I have test drove a few and I love the look and way they handle.
Just wondered if anyone who has had one a while has discovered any problems or issues that a new owner should look for or could try to prevent occurring......
Ie areas prone to rust, known electrical or paint issues etc.......
As another example of what I mean is I have a 2006 G5 and shortly after getting it I found out that the bottom door joints are very prone to rust as the paint sticks to the door seal and over time removes the painted seal unless you lube the rubber door seal often (which I have done and thus far the car has no issues there when I have seen alot of other G5 or cobalt with rust etc.....
Share your experiences with the Forte Koup anyone?

·
Registered
227 Posts
I am a new koup owner

a quick search with "koup problems" will give you results

i've read alot about creases, but i still bought it...i think thats mostly 2010 though

i heard paint isn't that good...but i figure washing it and waxing often should help protect

but so far of having it for 3 weeks...im loving it

2,213 Posts
3 weeks and hes a expert already! lol crease is only with '10, so dont even worry about that, paint is normal chipping on this price rainge of a car, no rust spots, and thats about it! get an sx btw, you'll kick yourself if you dont

·
Registered
1,804 Posts
The creases aren't just a '10 thing, wait till all you '11 owners own yours for over a year, you'll prolly get them too. Nothing to stress about though, and def not something to get a brand new Camaro over (LOL!), the Forte is a solid buy, esp. in SX trim. I've had no complaints in my over 10k miles of driving my '10 SX Koup, and am stoked I got it.

2,213 Posts
you want a fully loaded 2010 sx with a 6spd? 7k miles. body kit, spoiler, custom paint, short shifter, tint, rims, tires, hids, led galore, and..... the most important. turbo'd???? ill sell you mine! suspension upgrades to the max. $30k. and thats cutting a huge deal!!!

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the offer kia, but I really don't want red.......
What's involved with these creases? is it the panels flexing?

·
Registered
233 Posts
aquatame;What's involved with these creases?[/QUOTE said:
Winter.

Seriously though; do a search cause there's a whole thread dedicated to it.

Whatever you do: don't go Camaro out of spite!

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
to be honest I love the look of the camaro but, I dont think I will ever buy a general motors product again........ in the 80's they had quality product but since then its been trash car after trash car so from personal experience its time to go elsewhere....... Kia here I come!!!!

·
Registered
543 Posts
Koups might cause whiplash....due to other people turning around so fast to only find you are driving a Kia. I had one guy do a double take walking past my car and as I was getting in he asked me "Is that really a Kia?" I said it was and he said "thats a nice @$$ car for a Kia!" I had to laugh. Trevorusn...I have had my car for just over 3 months and have the creases. One on either side and I am not too worried about it. If I have to "hunt" to see them, then its no biggie to me. Its when other people ask me about it that I will be concerned.

·
Registered
1,804 Posts
Exactly. Mine went away with spring, so I'm not gonna sweat them :)

·
Registered
274 Posts
Just like they said, other than creases with some and paint chips I wouldn't say there are any big issues. I have an EX (didn't have a choice really) but I still think it's an awesome car. I just need effin' fog lights lol it looks so naked.

I love the Koup and I'd buy it again for sure

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.