Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
638 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering what the dimensions on the Koup's rear bumper / diffuser are and if it would fit onto the 5-door.

I need to find a Diffuser with an exhaust outlet before I can purchase an exhaust, and if I can't find an SX Hatch rear bumper / diffuser than I wouldn't mind seeing if the Koups would fit.

·
Premium Member
1,020 Posts
The Forte 5 SX diffuser piece is your best bet. It's separate from the bumper and should be around $80.

·
Premium Member
2,249 Posts
the koups rear diffusor is also completely different than the 5's. you're best bet would be to buy the 5 diffusor and cut it or take it to a proffesional and have them cut it because koup diffusor wont work on the 5

·
Registered
638 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ah yeah, I could just get mine cut for the exhaust or find the SX version which has the hole~ I wonder how much it would cost to have it cut out.

·
Registered
3,919 Posts
I think instead of thinking about the bumper (which is impossible to swap), think about the diffuser, with some money and a good fabricating shop, the can probably get the diffuser to work for ya.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Ah yeah, I could just get mine cut for the exhaust or find the SX version which has the hole~ I wonder how much it would cost to have it cut out.
As I was looking at a Forte 5 today I thought about this thread, and to my estimation the material is easy enough to cut one's self using a coping saw, a Dremel or such like.

A member here that I know from another forum did basically the same thing to his previous car to make room for the Borla muffler tip and the area he cut was painted, the area on the Forte is not. It's a simple matter me thinks...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.