Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just finished installing a short shifter for my Koup. It makes a huge difference! Most of the play has been removed and the travel has been cut in about half. It also removes the hugeeee travel from 4th to 5th and 5th to 6th. I did take photos during the uninstallation However not so much during install since it's the same but backwards. The instructions were pretty good for the most part but I did have to do some interpreting but it all worked out. I also have before and after videos. I just uploaded it all to google drive so everything could be in one place together. Let me know what you think and if you have any questions.

If you ever end up doing this don't make the same mistake as me and try to unplug the heated seat switches it took forever and then only after I removed the center console I realized it wasn't even required.

·
Administrator
584 Posts
Great install pics! Huge difference between the first video and the last one! The first video made me realize just how sloppy the OEM shifter is haha. Adding the Torque Solution shifter bushings would tighten it up even more; they made a huge difference even with my OEM shifter.

If you ever end up doing this don't make the same mistake as me and try to unplug the heated seat switches it took forever and then only after I removed the center console I realized it wasn't even required.
Yeah the how-to that I went by said you also had to remove the 2 12v socket connectors... after messing around with that for 30 minutes I realized it's not necessary.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts