Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I just purchased this vehicle last Friday. It only had 10 miles on it... :D

I know there're a few other young people here. I am 20 and this is my first brand new car purchase, and also my first Kia. I traded my Dodge Caliber for this one. The Kia dealership really worked with me. Three years ago I would have never purchased a Kia vehicle but, as competition drives change... my opinion changed.

I did take it joy riding so now i'm up to 200 miles, heh. This was the only Koup SX on the lot that had all features. I was shocked to see it was in the color I wanted, so I couldn't let it slip away. A few planned mods to come... especially the emblem on the front and rear of the car. I don't mind that it's a Kia... but those things are eye sores. Plus, every person that's seen the car has given me compliments. No one can believe it's a Kia but the big emblem fixes that. There isn't a Kia dealership in my town so I had to drive an hour to find it. I've got the only local Kia Forte Koup. And boy does it turn heads. :cool:

To Kia, great job on this car!

Photos were uploaded to Picasa!
Picasa Web Albums - Tom

Attachments

·
Registered
108 Posts
DarkWhoppy -

Congrats indeed on your new car! I have the 4-door version of yours, and I absolutely love it! Now.... I'm 30 years older than you, and have had a few vehicles since my first car when I was 20... but damn, this Forte is nice.

Enjoy the hell out of it. I know I'm one of the few people in my area that have one, and I do get a lot of looks driving around, and compliments from people at work. I would suggest you get a few accessories from the factory, like the sunshield, and mudflaps. I also got the Redline Tuning gas-charged strut kit for the front hood; this is one cool option.

Again, good luck and congratulations!

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
DarkWhoppy -
I would suggest you get a few accessories from the factory, like the sunshield, and mudflaps. I also got the Redline Tuning gas-charged strut kit for the front hood; this is one cool option.

Again, good luck and congratulations!
Thanks! Where did you find those accessories? I know I have a huge desire to change the hood prop... it's annoying to me that it is attached to the bottom of the hood. :confused:

·
Registered
108 Posts
DarkWhoppy -

The hood prop kit can be found here: Redline Tuning Kia Forte Koup QuickLIFT system - Lifts and holds your hood without prop rod.. They are very responsive and stand behind their product. The install took me probably just about 1 hour, and it works as advertised. The lift seems a bit slower than the video, but I have only had it on my car since it's been cold.

As for other additions, you can find good pricing from here: Kia Forte Koup Accessories. They have lots of goodies, and you get 11% off the first order, and FREE SHIPPING if your order is over $150!!! I bought everything I have from here, and they are FAST! Be sure to get the factory touch-up paint pen.... you will undoubtedly need it eventually ( I think our paint code is HO for Corsa Blue).

So... there ya go.... have fun accessorizing, and let us know what you end up putting in/on your Koup!

·
Premium Member
704 Posts
The blue looks amazing in that sunlight!
I agee, I just love the blue, although in Canada, it's listed as "Electric Blue Metallic" but with the same paint code "HO". (In Korea/Singapore areas I believe the color is "Santorini Blue")

I have also added the gas shocks from Redline and mine are also slow but I agree, the cold is probably the cause.

Have fun and enjoy the ride!

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I mentioned having the only Koup in my area... ha, I had two people stop just to ask and stare at my car. The blue color attracts a lot of attention. They're so many people asking what this thing is... I think Kia needs to do more non-traditional advertising. People don't watch commercials anymore. (well, I don't.) The internet is the new age. :)

I'm hoping some other near-local SX lovers will surface. Like I said, I had to drive an hour to the nearest Kia dealer so... hopefully... a few will show up in time.

Kia did such a nice job on this car... please god let their be aftermarket tuner parts.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Enjoy your ride DarkWhoppy, this electric blue is awsome..... but I prefer my copperhead:D
Thanks, I will use this thread to post mods I have planned once spring gets here. It's too cold for me to get outside and touch my new car, lol. We still haven't had our first hand wash. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
486 Posts
you know what.. I have to say. I am not a fan. I am however super glad you did this because I was considering the Carbon Fiber hood but at this point I dont think I would like that Either. You might have just saved me $900 bucks... I have Corsa Blue as well so its a good idea of what my car would look like with the change.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
you know what.. I have to say. I am not a fan. I am however super glad you did this because I was considering the Carbon Fiber hood but at this point I dont think I would like that Either. You might have just saved me $900 bucks... I have Corsa Blue as well so its a good idea of what my car would look like with the change.
That's why I made these changes in a paint program. I'd rather not think it will look good before actually seeing it on the car. I don't want to think up a paint theme... pay for it... and say... "Well, that was money well spent..."

Thanks for the feedback. I actually agree. An all blacked out hood doesn't look too good. I'll try out some other ideas. :)

I'm also glad my images help you guys visualize your ideas too. lol

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.