Kia Forte Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I just purchased this vehicle last Friday. It only had 10 miles on it... :D

I know there're a few other young people here. I am 20 and this is my first brand new car purchase, and also my first Kia. I traded my Dodge Caliber for this one. The Kia dealership really worked with me. Three years ago I would have never purchased a Kia vehicle but, as competition drives change... my opinion changed.

I did take it joy riding so now i'm up to 200 miles, heh. This was the only Koup SX on the lot that had all features. I was shocked to see it was in the color I wanted, so I couldn't let it slip away. A few planned mods to come... especially the emblem on the front and rear of the car. I don't mind that it's a Kia... but those things are eye sores. Plus, every person that's seen the car has given me compliments. No one can believe it's a Kia but the big emblem fixes that. There isn't a Kia dealership in my town so I had to drive an hour to find it. I've got the only local Kia Forte Koup. And boy does it turn heads. :cool:

To Kia, great job on this car!

Photos were uploaded to Picasa!
Picasa Web Albums - Tom

Attachments

·
Registered
108 Posts
DarkWhoppy -

Congrats indeed on your new car! I have the 4-door version of yours, and I absolutely love it! Now.... I'm 30 years older than you, and have had a few vehicles since my first car when I was 20... but damn, this Forte is nice.

Enjoy the hell out of it. I know I'm one of the few people in my area that have one, and I do get a lot of looks driving around, and compliments from people at work. I would suggest you get a few accessories from the factory, like the sunshield, and mudflaps. I also got the Redline Tuning gas-charged strut kit for the front hood; this is one cool option.

Again, good luck and congratulations!

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
DarkWhoppy -
I would suggest you get a few accessories from the factory, like the sunshield, and mudflaps. I also got the Redline Tuning gas-charged strut kit for the front hood; this is one cool option.

Again, good luck and congratulations!
Thanks! Where did you find those accessories? I know I have a huge desire to change the hood prop... it's annoying to me that it is attached to the bottom of the hood. :confused:

·
Registered
108 Posts
DarkWhoppy -

The hood prop kit can be found here: Redline Tuning Kia Forte Koup QuickLIFT system - Lifts and holds your hood without prop rod.. They are very responsive and stand behind their product. The install took me probably just about 1 hour, and it works as advertised. The lift seems a bit slower than the video, but I have only had it on my car since it's been cold.

As for other additions, you can find good pricing from here: Kia Forte Koup Accessories. They have lots of goodies, and you get 11% off the first order, and FREE SHIPPING if your order is over $150!!! I bought everything I have from here, and they are FAST! Be sure to get the factory touch-up paint pen.... you will undoubtedly need it eventually ( I think our paint code is HO for Corsa Blue).

So... there ya go.... have fun accessorizing, and let us know what you end up putting in/on your Koup!

·
Premium Member
704 Posts
The blue looks amazing in that sunlight!
I agee, I just love the blue, although in Canada, it's listed as "Electric Blue Metallic" but with the same paint code "HO". (In Korea/Singapore areas I believe the color is "Santorini Blue")

I have also added the gas shocks from Redline and mine are also slow but I agree, the cold is probably the cause.

Have fun and enjoy the ride!

·
Registered
108 Posts
BigE -

The next time you drive down to Atlantic City on the east coast, let me know.... we can cruise Atlantic Avenue side by side in our twin cars.....

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I mentioned having the only Koup in my area... ha, I had two people stop just to ask and stare at my car. The blue color attracts a lot of attention. They're so many people asking what this thing is... I think Kia needs to do more non-traditional advertising. People don't watch commercials anymore. (well, I don't.) The internet is the new age. :)

I'm hoping some other near-local SX lovers will surface. Like I said, I had to drive an hour to the nearest Kia dealer so... hopefully... a few will show up in time.

Kia did such a nice job on this car... please god let their be aftermarket tuner parts.

·
Premium Member
704 Posts
BigE -

The next time you drive down to Atlantic City on the east coast, let me know.... we can cruise Atlantic Avenue side by side in our twin cars.....
Sure, it's only a 4600 km (2875 mi) trip! lol! And that's only 1-way!:eek:

·
Premium Member
976 Posts
Sure, it's only a 4600 km (2875 mi) trip! lol! And that's only 1-way!:eek:
Whats the deal!?!?!? You don't like driving your Forte???? ;)

Enjoy your ride DarkWhoppy, this electric blue is awsome..... but I prefer my copperhead:D

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Enjoy your ride DarkWhoppy, this electric blue is awsome..... but I prefer my copperhead:D
Thanks, I will use this thread to post mods I have planned once spring gets here. It's too cold for me to get outside and touch my new car, lol. We still haven't had our first hand wash. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
486 Posts
you know what.. I have to say. I am not a fan. I am however super glad you did this because I was considering the Carbon Fiber hood but at this point I dont think I would like that Either. You might have just saved me $900 bucks... I have Corsa Blue as well so its a good idea of what my car would look like with the change.

·
Premium Member
395 Posts
I say don't do it. Whenever I see a car (usually a civic) with a black hood I think this guy messed up his hood and went to a junkyard and could only find a black one.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
you know what.. I have to say. I am not a fan. I am however super glad you did this because I was considering the Carbon Fiber hood but at this point I dont think I would like that Either. You might have just saved me $900 bucks... I have Corsa Blue as well so its a good idea of what my car would look like with the change.
That's why I made these changes in a paint program. I'd rather not think it will look good before actually seeing it on the car. I don't want to think up a paint theme... pay for it... and say... "Well, that was money well spent..."

Thanks for the feedback. I actually agree. An all blacked out hood doesn't look too good. I'll try out some other ideas. :)

I'm also glad my images help you guys visualize your ideas too. lol

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
w00t another person with the blue koup. ( though i only have the EX)

1 - 20 of 22 Posts