Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

i own a 2011 Forte koup Sx and I have a K&N cold air intake with a sprint booster for throttle control. I want to buy the Turbo kits from turbokits.com does that mean you need to forge your engine before installing is there more parts you need to buy. ?

·
Site Sponsor
1,809 Posts
It would depend on the power goals you have. We designed the kit to maximize the power potential of the stock powertrain while keep the risk level to a minimum. You will lose the K&N Intake, so you can sell that for some funds for the kit. Also, did you do any exhaust mods to the car? Where are you located?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It would depend on the power goals you have. We designed the kit to maximize the power potential of the stock powertrain while keep the risk level to a minimum. You will lose the K&N Intake, so you can sell that for some funds for the kit. Also, did you do any exhaust mods to the car? Where are you located?
Why will I have to lose the K&N intake? Im in Canada Montreal
So basically I buy the kit and it is bolt on??
How do I get the proper tune?

·
Site Sponsor
1,809 Posts
Why will I have to lose the K&N intake? Im in Canada Montreal
So basically I buy the kit and it is bolt on??
How do I get the proper tune?
Because you are no longer taking air in through the throttle body, the initial air comes into the turbo, which sits behind the motor, our kit includes an intake tube, so you no longer need or can use your current intake. In regards to tuning. I may have a great option for you for a FREE or reduced tune if you are willing to travel to Ontario...

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Because you are no longer taking air in through the throttle body, the initial air comes into the turbo, which sits behind the motor, our kit includes an intake tube, so you no longer need or can use your current intake. In regards to tuning. I may have a great option for you for a FREE or reduced tune if you are willing to travel to Ontario...
Yes I would be very interested ! How much would I be able to put out (Hp-Ft/lbs) after a good tune like the higher I could but still being safe for my engine

·
Site Sponsor
1,809 Posts
I would expect aprox 75 - 100 additional HP easily, if not a bit more. The limitation is not the turbo kit, the turbo kit with supporting mods has been proven 400-500HP and higher. The limitation is the stock motor. So keeping the motor stock with a good flowing exhaust, yes 75-100 HP and Tq easily! Let me know if you want to get the ball rolling. Thanks!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I would expect aprox 75 - 100 additional HP easily, if not a bit more. The limitation is not the turbo kit, the turbo kit with supporting mods has been proven 400-500HP and higher. The limitation is the stock motor. So keeping the motor stock with a good flowing exhaust, yes 75-100 HP and Tq easily! Let me know if you want to get the ball rolling. Thanks!
Yes that would be great. I have a last question for money purpose
How much would it cost me for

turbo kit
New exhaust (because mine is OeM)
Turbo gage
Install
Tune
Thats all I need?

·
Registered
74 Posts

turbo kit
Turbo gage
Install
Tune
Thats all I need?
Brother, you'd better realize how difficult putting on a cheap turbo on a non-turbo car can be!

Watch this video before you drop thousands!

Also, all in all, you are going to need extras in addition to the kit if you have stock exhaust. It might be around $5000, a conservative estimate including anything else you might need to get it done.

·
Site Sponsor
1,809 Posts

turbo kit
Turbo gage
Install
Tune
Thats all I need?

Turbo Kit (Depending on options) - $3500-$4000 - Kia Forte 2.0L Turbo Kit | 2010-2013 Kia Forte Turbo Kit | On Sale: $2,895.00

High Flow CAT and CAT Back Exh - $995 - MagnaFlow CAT Back Exhaust for 2010-2013 Kia Forte - 15520 | On Sale: $694.62 / Kia Forte High Flow CAT | 2010-2013 Forte 2.0L, 2.4L, AT & MT | On Sale: $295.00

Boost & Air Fuel Ratio Gauge w- Boost Controller - $340.00 - Innovate SCG-1 Boost Controller and Wideband Gauge Kit - 3882 | On Sale: $342.72

Install would depend on the shop you worked with, but I would expect somewhere in the $1000 - $1500 range

Tune, again depending on which shop you used and we could potentially work with you on a custom tune if you are willing to go to Ontario - $500-$800

These prices are all in USD.

Thanks!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts