Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
973 Posts
its weird because on their blog they show the pics of that koup, with the theta II in it, but not the turbos hooked up to it, then they show what looks to me like a beta II engine with twin turbos, outside of the car.
I'm almost positive its one of the new beta II's (they upgraded them in like 08) because of where the throttle body is and the layout
almost identical engine
so maybe they put a beta II in it and twin turbo'd it? who knows, the blogs in korean and when translated the only stuff that makes sense is at the bottom, where they say "tuscany"
a tuscani is a tiburon trim, sort of, that people rebadge their tibbys to resemble, and I'm almost positive they use the beta II 2.0
impossible to know for sure without talking to them because all the chit is in korean lol

·
Premium Member
1,820 Posts
Twin scrolling? Educate me please

·
Registered
973 Posts
Twin scrolling, has two exhaust valve inlets. One for quick boost at low RPM and one for high range power.
lol thank you, I didn't see the "please educate me til just now"
twin scrolling is amazing newish technology, pretty sure the new evos are twin scrolled
it basically works like a series setup, but with one turbo, and even less lag=]

·
Registered
459 Posts
lol thank you, I didn't see the "please educate me til just now"
twin scrolling is amazing newish technology, pretty sure the new evos are twin scrolled
it basically works like a series setup, but with one turbo, and even less lag=]
No prob. The first time I remember seeing the technology was on an Acura SUV, quite a few years ago. Thought it seemed like a good idea.

·
Registered
973 Posts
Man i didn't even know it had been around that long really, I never really kept up with car technologies until a couple years ago though, still defintiely learning, too

·
Premium Member
1,820 Posts
So you guys think turbokits set up will be twin scrolling? Thanks for the info

·
Registered
973 Posts
So you guys think turbokits set up will be twin scrolling? Thanks for the info
theres no telling what turbo charger theyll use but you can always find one that is twin scrolling and use it instead, same with switching to water to air cooled from fmic. their kit is made to be mass produced and distributed, you can customize it as much as you want with some tuning=]

·
Registered
23 Posts
Well the picture of the Black Koup with the intercooler, has no turbo in it IMO. The intake pipe with the filter on it appears to be coming directly off of the throttle body, based on it's location. I would actually go as far to say that there is nothing more than that intercooler with boots on it in there. I doubt there is even tubing connected to the intercooler. You can see no additional piping even coming from from the back where the exhaust would be. The pictures of the motor below are definitely a different motor altogether as the intake manifold is on the back and the exahuast is on the front. Unless they reverse mount the engines like the 2nd gen eclipse where the 420A was mounted on one side but the 4G63T was mounted on the other, which meant that buying a turbo eclipse was cheaper than swapping one. Just my two cents. Forgive me if I misunderstood the post.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts