Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How has the reliability been for Forte owners? Anybody having reliability or defect issues?

I had 2 small oil leaks, a minor issue, but a PIA to get fixed right. And an occasional light knocking sound from the engine at warm idle, which I now consider normal. Everything else is working like a swiss watch...so far.

·
Registered
1 Posts
On my second Forte. First Forte EX returned due to stalling. Could not fix car after 60 days in shop. Got a replacement SX. Car has transmission jerks as noted by others. Not too happy. Probably have to fight to get transmission fix. Not looking forward to hassle. Waiting for Kia solution before bringing in.

·
Premium Member
1,820 Posts
I am surprised to hear that some of us have had problems. I am all good with mine. Lucky me I guess!:)

Nadeem
just one thing kia needs to change that damn pulley then we are talking

·
Registered
436 Posts
I have an annoying rattle somewhere around the center of my dashboard. It sounds like it's below the surface, as nothing I squeeze, hit or pull on makes it stop. Other than that...so far, so good.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I have an annoying rattle somewhere around the center of my dashboard. It sounds like it's below the surface, as nothing I squeeze, hit or pull on makes it stop. Other than that...so far, so good.
I have the same rattle in center of dash. It's actually coming from that center piece that houses the clock, etc. It does sound like it's coming from underneath the surface area. I tried putting some tiny shims in there to keep it from flexing and rattling, but it only helped a little.

I've found that it only rattles when warm air is heating up the dash, such as having the heat on and directed either through the front dash vents or the defroster. It NEVER appears with heat directed to floor or when normal air is coming through. So, something expands enough when it gets warm to cause a rattle or loud creaking noise.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I took a trip from Colorado to California and no troubles. On the way back in freezing temps I did have the TPMS light come on but it turned off once it warmed up, I will make sure to get it check out on my next oil change. Overall the trip was smooth going!

·
Registered
118 Posts
I took a trip from Colorado to California and no troubles. On the way back in freezing temps I did have the TPMS light come on but it turned off once it warmed up, I will make sure to get it check out on my next oil change. Overall the trip was smooth going!
i had the same thing happen to me on a 300 mile trip about 150 miles in the light came on for about an hour then went off the next day on the drive back did the same thing took it in they told me the TPMS is set to come on when its to cold or to hot cuz the cold and heat mess with the TPMS they told me it would help to switch to nitrogen in the tires

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
In this case, your dealer is right. It says in the manual that extreme cold temps can cause the TPMS to indicate, due to a tire pressure drop from being too cold. And, yes, nitrogen is added to tire air to provide less pressure fluxuation, especially under cold conditions. And also to maintain pressure over a period of time.

My Audi had nitrogen added to the tires. I liked it. It replaces some of the the oxygen in the air inside the tires.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I just bought my Forte sedan a week ago and noticed that when I turn off the heater/air conditioner that air will still blow out of the vents like it is still on. Anybody else have the same issue?

·
Registered
140 Posts
I just bought my Forte sedan a week ago and noticed that when I turn off the heater/air conditioner that air will still blow out of the vents like it is still on. Anybody else have the same issue?
Its normal. My last car had did the same thing. Even though the fan is off, the vents are still open. So if you're driving, the outside air will still circulate into the cabin due to pressure. If it really bothers you, you can turn on the circulate air button so that the vents get shut.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Thanks for the reply Boom King. It doesn't bother me; my last car had heater/air conditioning problems big time and I guess I'm just getting paranoid.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.