Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
I've finally been able to drive around town in the new Koup, snow, ice, and salt everywhere, and its funny how many people are looking to see what kind of car it is. People hang out the window looking and also I've had a few people ask while I was pumping gas what kind of car it was "it looks like a Lexus" and BMW lol

·
Premium Member
1,820 Posts
o yes there goes another one! lol i love my forte!

·
Premium Member
654 Posts
I love getting those kinda looks from people. I debadged my Koup the 2nd day I had it and replaced the KIA emblems with some aftermarkets. Most people I drive by look at it with a confused expression while they try to figure out what it could be.

·
Registered
533 Posts
Well I got one of the first and second tickets probably... Cop said I was doin 43 in a 25 and I told him he was full of shit cause I had it in the 3rd gear at 1500 rpms, now for all my 6spd Koup people what speed does that put you at?... 30 mph not 43!!!!... I called him on it so he laid off about it but gave me a bs ticket for failure to obey a traffic sign and a tint ticket... 218.50 total down the drain.... oh well, point of the story: He had no frickin clue what the car was and after he gave me the tickets he asked " It looks too good to be a KIA, what model is it? "

·
Registered
211 Posts
Well I got one of the first and second tickets probably... Cop said I was doin 43 in a 25 and I told him he was full of shit cause I had it in the 3rd gear at 1500 rpms, now for all my 6spd Koup people what speed does that put you at?... 30 mph not 43!!!!... I called him on it so he laid off about it but gave me a bs ticket for failure to obey a traffic sign and a tint ticket... 218.50 total down the drain.... oh well, point of the story: He had no frickin clue what the car was and after he gave me the tickets he asked " It looks too good to be a KIA, what model is it? "
Take him to court, but only if your tint is legal where you live and you really did not disobey the sign. He can't prove you disobeyed a sign. I've had a friend take a cop to court and he won, despite doing 140km/h in 50km/h zone (cop didn't clock him, so he gave him the same failure to obey ticket). I can't believe that my idiot friend got away with it.

·
Registered
533 Posts
Take him to court, but only if your tint is legal where you live and you really did not disobey the sign. He can't prove you disobeyed a sign. I've had a friend take a cop to court and he won, despite doing 140km/h in 50km/h zone (cop didn't clock him, so he gave him the same failure to obey ticket). I can't believe that my idiot friend got away with it.
LMAO!! I can't believe he did either.... I'm debating on fighting it but he was pretty cool about the tint and aid he won't bother me about it again just if I speed or anything he'll crack me... Tint is illegal so I can't complain and I am willing to pay that fine but I'm still heated on the speeding...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts