Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am thinking about buying the 2010 kia forte and I was just wondering how it is? I have seen videos, but I don't know what to beleive. This will be my first car so please don't lie haha! If you would answer as many questions as you can it would help a lot!;)
1)How Does it drive
2)how does it do in snow (Live in colorado so huge factor)
3)Do you think it is going to last (first car and cant afford for things to go wrong)
4)is the warranty transferable?
5)Is the sound system good?
6)(Previous kia owners)-How long did your older kia last?
7)Any major problems about it?
8)4 speed Auto transmission okay or get SX with 5 speed?
9) average fuel economy?
10)Recommend it or not?
Thanks for whatever feedback I get!!!:D

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
haha ya it could, but I'm actually 15 and I cant get my car until im 17 so I don't really want to test drive it and love it and not be able to get it. Oh and another question is about what is the depreciation?

·
Registered
585 Posts
)How Does it drive - it is a nice tight drive-very responsive on turns.
2)how does it do in snow (Live in colorado so huge factor)-its good in snow. But a Jeep is obviously better for Colorado.
3)Do you think it is going to last (first car and cant afford for things to go wrong) -yes it will last.
4)is the warranty transferable?-yes it is.
5)Is the sound system good? -Yes its very good.
7)Any major problems about it? - nothing major.
8)4 speed Auto transmission okay or get SX with 5 speed? Get the automatic.
9) average fuel economy? 25-30mpg city driving on average.
10)Recommend it or not? Go for it.
Thanks for whatever feedback I get!!!

·
Registered
82 Posts
1)How Does it drive---awesome unless you geto n rough roads gets a little rough

2)how does it do in snow--- i have hankook ipike w409's on my stock wheels and hasnt gotten stuck yet the stability contrrol works great traction control will kill you

3)Do you think it is going to last--owned 4 kias one of the best lasting cars ive ever owned

4)is the warranty transferable?kinda

5)Is the sound system good? depends RMS works great Hits over load the speakers

6)(Previous kia owners)-How long did your older kia last? owned 4 and put over 500,000miles total on them together

7)Any major problems about it? traction control cuts power to long and making it kinda scary

8)4 speed Auto transmission okay or get SX with 5 speed?2011 comes only 5speed auto in ex and 6 speed in SX

9) average fuel economy? 28-29 in town, 34-36 highway (SX 6speed)

10)Recommend it or not? sure do i love the car

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks so much. Now what about derpreciation? In about 2012 or 2013 I want to buy one so about what do you think one would go for? and Spec-R, I was thinking about the 2011, but IDK how well that keyless ignition will go. I heard about a lot of things going wrong when it is cold, but I guess thatsd what the warranty is for!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Oh and one more question haha. Is the throttle really "jumpy"? Like does a little tap on the gas just have it bolt forward?

·
Registered
316 Posts
Hey, the forte was my first real car....besides the '01 kia rio but i don't count that cuz i got it for nothing and it was made to drive into the ground from day 1.

1)How Does it drive - I love it, my mother and sister hate being passengers though. It's stiff but nothing like a mitsubishi lancer, I was bed ridden with back spasms after a 20 minute test drive in that thing. It's stiff enough so that you know your car is planted and that it can handle turns but not so stiff that it makes the ride uncomfortable if you know what i mean.
2)how does it do in snow (Live in colorado so huge factor) - Can't comment, didn't have it in winter yet
3)Do you think it is going to last (first car and cant afford for things to go wrong)- What if something goes wrong? It's covered under warranty. People say "you can't afford a new car" but i say "I can't afford not to get a new car" because of the warranty you basically know what your vehicle payments are per month from the very start. No repair costs, just regular servicing....that's my favorite part about kia, worry-free driving for 5 years.
4)is the warranty transferable?- you know it
5)Is the sound system good?- I love it, the 6 speakers are great. The SX with satellite radio is a good investment but the EX isn't missing out on anything.
6)(Previous kia owners)-How long did your older kia last? Had an '01 rio with 250,000km on it....sold it about a week ago becuase it needed an alternator. Once that person replaces the alternator i can see them going another 50,000 at least without problems.
7)Any major problems about it? Nothing so far..you might have problems with the bluetooth or something silly to start out.
8)4 speed Auto transmission okay or get SX with 5 speed? If you have the money get the SX, or wait until the 2011's and get a 6 speed auto.
9) average fuel economy? i get 10L/100Km which is kind of high but my engine only has 1000km on it so that should improve.
10)Recommend it or not? Get it. Just compare it to competitors, mitsubishi and mazda claim to be the sporty compacts......yet this rides better and has more HP. Honda claims to be the "overall best car" yet i think the interior is more user-friendly and refined than the civic. The Corolla claims to be the most reliable...but we get a 5 year comprehensive warranty, so there's our reliability. I won't even mention the Elantra, Cobalt or Sentra because they're just aweful.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Thanks so much. Now what about derpreciation? In about 2012 or 2013 I want to buy one so about what do you think one would go for? and Spec-R, I was thinking about the 2011, but IDK how well that keyless ignition will go. I heard about a lot of things going wrong when it is cold, but I guess thatsd what the warranty is for!
The push button start is only on the SX luxury package. That also has navigation (not UVO). IMHO it's not worth it...but the regular SX is. I'm hoping that after 5 years mine will still be worth ~7000. Kia's resale value is going up every year........it's a great time to own a kia.

·
Registered
204 Posts
The current Forte SX with the five speed auto has a transmission problem when shifting from 2nd to 3rd for the first time. Hopefully that will be fixed with the subsequent 6 speed auto that is coming in '11. If you buy a used '10 SX, beware of the tranny problem.

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
1)How Does it drive. Smooth, quick off the line. My EX handles the rough roads nicely. Handles corners great once you get better than factory tires.
2)how does it do in snow? I live in Canada and we get very cold and alot of snow, it performed great last winter when I didn't even have winter tires on it. Never got stuck but had to turn off TCS in order to drive in deep snow or TCS applies brakes to stop spinning and you go nowhere.
3)Do you think it is going to last. Nice long warranty and the cost of the car is not that much compared to others.
4)is the warranty transferable? No info
5)Is the sound system good? Good enough for me but I am not a teenager who likes to crank up the tunes to deafening levels.
6)(Previous kia owners)-How long did your older kia last? First Kia.
7)Any major problems about it? No major problems. Brought it in once to get a TSB done regarding the intake popping noise.
8)4 speed Auto transmission okay or get SX with 5 speed? I drive manual only.
9) average fuel economy? 100% city around 24MPG heavy foot.
10)Recommend it or not? Very much recommend. Looks awesome and drives like it looks. Except the beefy HP part but that can be fixed with a good turbo. :)

·
Registered
66 Posts
1)How Does it drive – ride is acceptable, it’s a Korean economy car, so not like a German luxury car
2)how does it do in snow (Live in Colorado so huge factor) – we had 2’ here, no problems
3)Do you think it is going to last (first car and cant afford for things to go wrong) – yes, 100,000k bumper-to-bumper warranty (paid extra for this)
4)is the warranty transferable? – mine is not
5)Is the sound system good? – it’s okay, no HD, no RDS, Sirius reception is poor, sound like 16bps stream, iPod is great
6)(Previous kia owners)-How long did your older kia last? – first time for me
7)Any major problems about it? – no problems in 7,000 miles
8)4 speed Auto transmission okay or get SX with 5 speed? 5-speed auto, no problems
9) average fuel economy? Around 22 MPG over 7,000 mile of 95% city driving, average speed 15mph
10)Recommend it or not? yes

11) resale value – who cares? It’s a car, not an investment, by 33 y.o. VW bus goes up in value, my new Kia depreciates, if you want a car that appreciates, buy an antique

·
Registered
57 Posts
I am thinking about buying the 2010 kia forte and I was just wondering how it is? I have seen videos, but I don't know what to beleive. This will be my first car so please don't lie haha! If you would answer as many questions as you can it would help a lot!;)
1)How Does it drive
It's decent. Throttle is very sensitive, as is the brakes. You get use to it but it's somewhat annoying to me.
No idea.
3)Do you think it is going to last (first car and cant afford for things to go wrong)
Yeah, should be ok. It comes w/ a decent warranty so I'm not too worried.
4)is the warranty transferable?
Yes, but the next owner gets a reduced mileage (60k powertrain?)
5)Is the sound system good?
My favorite part of the car. A little bass heavy but still decent.
n/a
7)Any major problems about it?
None yet, I've had it a month and 2600 miles.
8)4 speed Auto transmission okay or get SX with 5 speed?
I went with the 4 spd based on bad comments about the 5 spd.
9) average fuel economy?
I get 27 city, 34 hwy
10)Recommend it or not?
eh, for the deal I got, yes. The value is there. If they didn't have the rebates/discounts, I probably would have gone with something else.

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
1)How Does it drive?
very well lots of fun on roads with corners!:) handles well
I don't know yet
3)Do you think it is going to last (first car and cant afford for things to go wrong) yeah I think so have friends with kia cars that have over hundred thousand and two hundred thousand miles. I'm at 10,000 with no major problems:)

4)is the warranty transferable?idk

5)Is the sound system good? for stock its very good lots of bass for a stocker enough bass to blow your stock speakers lol

6)(Previous kia owners)-How long did your older kia last? well this one is my first but my friends is still going and he drives it serval times a week!

7)Any major problems about it? no major issues just a few small things that did not stop the car in anyway, sqweak someplace.. and svc broke Shrugs not going to cry to much thou:) bitch maybe cry no lol

8)4 speed Auto transmission okay or get SX with 5 speed? I have a sx with 6sp I like it but when its cold the transmission is a bit hard to shift, and sometimes at lights when the car was new it could be hard to take off, and hard to get to first.but these issues worked themselfs out. :)

9) average fuel economy? I'm getting about 28 to 30 depends on my driving that week

10)Recommend it or not? Yes I'd highly recommend this car as a first car it would be a great one, kinda sporty with a great style :) and lots of nice options!

·
Registered
2021 Forte GT w/GT2, Currant Red, SXTH Element Intercooler Kit, Evilla Exhaust, Takeda S2 Intake
3,891 Posts
1)How Does it drive tight and firm -love them
2)how does it do in snow (Live in colorado so huge factor) hope to never find out
3)Do you think it is going to last (first car and cant afford for things to go wrong) will if you take care of it
4)is the warranty transferable? Only the basic 5-year part of the warranty
5)Is the sound system good? Yep
6)(Previous kia owners)-How long did your older kia last? have an 03 Kia Sorento -- don't want to trade it in -- VERY GOOD car!
7)Any major problems about it? Not so far -- Koup and sedan
8)4 speed Auto transmission okay or get SX with 5 speed? Personnal choice -- I recommend SX
9) average fuel economy? 24-27 in town -- depends on how quick I accelerate
10)Recommend it or not? Recommend!
See above in red

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thanks so much! I now see that, if I can afford it (have to pay for it by myself), the kia is my car. Thanks to everyone who contributed!

·
Registered
51 Posts
Hey, the forte was my first real car....besides the '01 kia rio but i don't count that cuz i got it for nothing and it was made to drive into the ground from day 1.

1)How Does it drive - I love it, my mother and sister hate being passengers though. It's stiff but nothing like a mitsubishi lancer, I was bed ridden with back spasms after a 20 minute test drive in that thing. It's stiff enough so that you know your car is planted and that it can handle turns but not so stiff that it makes the ride uncomfortable if you know what i mean.
2)how does it do in snow (Live in colorado so huge factor) - Can't comment, didn't have it in winter yet
3)Do you think it is going to last (first car and cant afford for things to go wrong)- What if something goes wrong? It's covered under warranty. People say "you can't afford a new car" but i say "I can't afford not to get a new car" because of the warranty you basically know what your vehicle payments are per month from the very start. No repair costs, just regular servicing....that's my favorite part about kia, worry-free driving for 5 years.
4)is the warranty transferable?- you know it
5)Is the sound system good?- I love it, the 6 speakers are great. The SX with satellite radio is a good investment but the EX isn't missing out on anything.
6)(Previous kia owners)-How long did your older kia last? Had an '01 rio with 250,000km on it....sold it about a week ago becuase it needed an alternator. Once that person replaces the alternator i can see them going another 50,000 at least without problems.
7)Any major problems about it? Nothing so far..you might have problems with the bluetooth or something silly to start out.
8)4 speed Auto transmission okay or get SX with 5 speed? If you have the money get the SX, or wait until the 2011's and get a 6 speed auto.
9) average fuel economy? i get 10L/100Km which is kind of high but my engine only has 1000km on it so that should improve.
10)Recommend it or not? Get it. Just compare it to competitors, mitsubishi and mazda claim to be the sporty compacts......yet this rides better and has more HP. Honda claims to be the "overall best car" yet i think the interior is more user-friendly and refined than the civic. The Corolla claims to be the most reliable...but we get a 5 year comprehensive warranty, so there's our reliability. I won't even mention the Elantra, Cobalt or Sentra because they're just aweful.
i know this is late, but what yr lancer did you drive? I had an 05 lancer and i loved it! it was my first car and i had it for a year and a half, then somebody hit me in it and it was totaled, thats why i'm now looking into getting a forte

·
Registered
145 Posts
1. Drives Great...I have had in the past 7 years a Saturn SL2 that I had since I was 16, an Audi A6 (total POS but pretty to look at, turbos blew up twice), Honda Accord, Saturn SKY & Mustang GT (got rid cuz it hogged the gas and started driving 64 miles round trip to work instead of 5 round trip). I think it handles great, has great pick up, and is rather quiet I feel. When I'm parked with the engine running I can't tell it's running sometimes.
2. Snow I have no idea, I live in FL it was 80 something today BTW. lol
3. So far I have no rattles or noises at 7K miles, no complaints.
4. Warranty is transferrable
5. Sound system is great. The best sound I had in a car was my A6 with Bose. Hard to beat that but I feel it's pretty good. Wish it could be louder at times thou.
6. n/a
7. n/a
8. I have the EX and wish I had the SX with the 5 speed. I wish I had a 2011 for the 6 sp auto and outside temp sensor.
9. Been getting 28mpg but I kinda run hard.
10. I would deff recommend it. So far out of the past cars I've had in the past 7 years I can say I am pretty content since I've pretty much every type, execpt an SUV. I didn't wreck them either. Great first car you won't be disappointed. Only thing I want the dealer to add is the sunroof.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts